Barclay, New Jersey
Barclay, New Jersey
Map of the former Barclay-Kingston CDP in Camden County. Inset: Location of Camden County in New Jersey.
|• Total||1.659 sq mi (4.297 km2)|
|• Land||1.659 sq mi (4.297 km2)|
|• Water||0.000 sq mi (0.000 km2) 0.00%|
|Elevation||43 ft (13 m)|
|• Density||2,669.2/sq mi (1,030.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||02389172|
Barclay is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Cherry Hill, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States, that had been part of the Barclay-Kingston CDP until 2000, which was split to form the CDPs of Barclay and Kingston Estates as of the 2010 Census. Until the 2000 Census, Barclay was included as part of the Barclay-Kingston CDP. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 4,428.
Barclay Farm House is a historic farmhouse located in the Barclay Farms neighborhood.
The 2010 United States Census counted 4,428 people, 1,621 households, and 1,334 families in the CDP. The population density was 2,669.2 per square mile (1,030.6/km2). There were 1,651 housing units at an average density of 995.2 per square mile (384.2/km2). The racial makeup was 94.60% (4,189) White, 1.08% (48) Black or African American, 0.07% (3) Native American, 2.62% (116) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.50% (22) from other races, and 1.13% (50) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.57% (114) of the population.
Of the 1,621 households, 33.2% had children under the age of 18; 73.3% were married couples living together; 7.0% had a female householder with no husband present and 17.7% were non-families. Of all households, 15.1% were made up of individuals and 8.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.73 and the average family size was 3.04.
23.7% of the population were under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 19.3% from 25 to 44, 33.9% from 45 to 64, and 16.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45.5 years. For every 100 females, the population had 96.8 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 93.6 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Barclay Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed October 14, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Barclay CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed October 14, 2012.
- U.S. Census website, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed October 14, 2012. "Deleted CDPs: Barclay-Kingston (split to form Barclay and Kingston Estates CDPs)"
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.