This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Euronext: BAR|
|Founder||Lucien De Puydt|
|Jan De Witte, CEO|
|Products||video projectors, video displays, and related products.|
|Revenue||€1.102 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
Barco NV is a display hardware and software manufacturer of laser projectors, digital cinema projection, video projectors, DLP projectors, Image Processing, LED displays, flat panel displays, LCD and LED video walls, medical displays, point of care devices, 3D sound, digital signage, wireless collaboration tools, automated luminaires, digital lighting, lighting controls, display controllers.
Barco is headquartered in Kortrijk, Belgium, and has its own facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D and Manufacturing in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. Barco is active in more than 90 countries and employs 3,500 employees worldwide. Barco posted sales of 1.102 billion euro in 2016.
Barco designs and develops networked visualization and collaboration products for the entertainment, enterprise, and healthcare markets.
Barco is an acronym that originally stood for Belgian American Radio COrporation.
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Barco Graphics was the graphics division of the Belgian Barco Group. It was the result of the 1989 merger of Digitized Information Systems Corporation (D.I.S.C.), Aesthedes and Barco's own "Creative Group".
- In 1997, Barco acquired EIS (Electronic Image Systems), a manufacturer of CRT projectors for the flight simulation market.
- In 1998, Barco ETS, now Ucamco acquired Gerber Systems Corp., a manufacturer of plotters and automatic optical inspection (AOI) systems for printed circuit boards.
- In 1999, it acquired Metheus Corporation, a Tektronix spin-off and manufacturer of professional graphics controllers .
- In 2004, it acquired Voxar, a 3D medical imaging software company
- In 2004, it acquired Folsom Research, Inc, whose product lines cover image processing, image communication and image functionality & interactivity.
- In 2008, it acquired High End Systems, an automated luminaires, digital lighting and lighting controls compan
- In 2010, it acquired Fimi, a company specialized in medical imaging
- In 2010, it acquired all intellectual property of Element Labs, a manufacturer of LED equipment
- In 2010, it acquired dZine, a Belgium-based company specialized in Digital signage
- In 2012, it acquired IP Video Systems, a company specialized in networked visualization
- In 2012, it acquired JAOtech, a manufacturer of patient entertainment and point-of-care terminals for hospitals,
- In 2013, it acquired AWIND, a manufacturer of hardware and software for wireless presentation systems
- In 2013, it acquired projectiondesign®, a manufacturer of projection technology
- In 2014, it acquired X20 Media Inc, an enterprise communication specialist
- In 2014, it acquired IOSONO GmbH, a 3D audio expert
- In 2015, it acquired Advan Int'l Corp, a manufacturer of LCD displays
- In 2002, Barco Graphics was acquired by Danish Purup-Eskofot, and renamed Esko-Graphics, which was again renamed Esko in 2006.
- In 2007, BarcoVision was acquired by Itema Group from Bergamo, Italy.
- In 2008, Barco sold its Advanced Visualisation (AVIS) group (the previously acquired Voxar) to Toshiba Medical (TMSC).
- In 2014, Barco divested a wholly owned subsidiary of Barco NV, Barco Orthogon, based in Bremen, Germany, to Exelis.
- In 2015, Barco's Defense & Aerospace division was sold to US-based Esterline Technologies Corporation (NYSE: ESL).
CEO 2016 - Jan de Witte
- "Barco Makes Meetings Efficient For Businesses - CXOtoday.com". www.cxotoday.com. CXOToday News Desk. Sep 6, 2016. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Archer, Robert. "Meridian Audio and Barco Partner to Create Seamless Audio/Video Experiences". www.cepro.com. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "acquires Metheus Corporation in U.S". Barco. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "signs agreement with Italian Itema to divest its division BarcoVision". Barco. 2007-07-19. Archived from the original on 2007-08-08. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- (2008-11-21). "Barco verkoopt verlieslatende Voxar: De Tijd". Tijd.be. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "Investors | Barco sells Advanced Visualization business to Toshiba". Barco. 2008-11-21. Archived from the original on 2009-02-04. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "Barco finalizes sale of its Defense & Aerospace division to Esterline". Barco. 2015-02-02. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "About Barco Silex". Barco-silex.com. Retrieved 2014-02-04.