|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Traded as||Euronext: BAR|
|Eric Van Zele, CEO
Carl Peeters, CFO
|Products||Video, Digital cinema, CRT, OLED, display controller, LCD, DLP and LCoS projectors, LED and Flat panel displays, image processing equipment and software|
|Revenue||€1.051 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
Barco N.V. is a display hardware and software manufacturer specializing in digital cinema projection, video projectors, DLP projectors, LCoS projectors, Image Processing, LED displays, video walls, flat panel displays, automated luminaires, digital lighting, lighting controls, display controllers and RAMDACs.
Barco is headquartered in Kortrijk, Belgium, and has its own facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D and Manufacturing in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. Barco is active in more than 90 countries and employs 3,250 employees worldwide. Barco posted sales of 1.051 billion euro in 2014.
Barco is an acronym that originally stood for Belgian American Radio COrporation.
- Barco Graphics was the graphics division of the Belgian Barco Group. It was the result of the 1989 merger of Digitized Information Systems Corporation (D.I.S.C.), Aesthedes and Barco's own "Creative Group".
- In 1997, Barco acquired EIS (Electronic Image Systems), a manufacturer of high brightness, high resolution calligraphic CRT projectors for the flight simulation market.
- In 1998, Barco ETS, now Ucamco acquired Gerber Systems Corp., a manufacturer of plotters and Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) systems for printed circuit boards, based in Hartford, Connecticut, USA.
- In 1999, Barco acquired Metheus Corporation, a Tektronix spin-off and manufacturer of professional graphics controllers, based in Beaverton, Oregon, USA.
- In 2004, Barco acquired Voxar, a 3D medical imaging software company, based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- In 2004, Barco acquired Folsom Research, Inc, based in Rancho Cordova, California, USA. Folsom's product lines cover solutions for image processing, image communication and image functionality & interactivity.
- In 2008, Barco acquired High End Systems, an automated luminaires, digital lighting and lighting controls company, based in Austin, Texas.
- In 2010, Barco acquired Fimi, a company specialized in medical imaging, based in Saronno, Italy.
- In 2010, Barco acquired all intellectual property of Element Labs, a manufacturer of LED equipment, based in Santa Clara, California, USA.
- In 2010, Barco acquired dZine, a Belgium based company specialized in Digital Signage solutions.
- In 2012, Barco acquired IP Video Systems, a company specialized in networked visualization solutions, based in Sunnyvale, California.
- In 2012, Barco acquired JAOtech, a manufacturer of patient entertainment and point-of-care terminals for hospitals, based in Surrey, UK.
- In 2013, Barco acquired AWIND, a manufacturer of hardware and software for wireless presentation systems, based in Taipei, Taiwan.
- In 2013, Barco acquired projectiondesign®, a manufacturer of projection technology, based in Fredrikstad, Norway.
- In 2014, Barco acquired X20 Media Inc, an enterprise communication specialist, based in Montreal, Canada.
- In 2014, Barco acquired IOSONO GmbH, a 3D audio expert, based in Erfurt, Germany.
- In the early 2000s, Barco Graphics was acquired by Belgian Purup-Eskofot, and renamed Esko-Graphics, which was again renamed Esko in 2006.
- In 2007, BarcoVision was acquired by Itema Group from Bergamo, Italy.
- In 2008, Barco sold its Advanced Visualisation (AVIS) group (the previously acquired Voxar) to Toshiba Medical (TMSC.)
- In 2014, Barco divested a wholly owned subsidiary of Barco NV, Barco Orthogon, based in Bremen, Germany, to Exelis.
- Early 2015, Barco's Defense & Aerospace division was sold to US-based Esterline Technologies Corporation (NYSE: ESL).
- "acquires Metheus Corporation in U.S". Barco. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "signs agreement with Italian Itema to divest its division BarcoVision". Barco. 2007-07-19. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- (2008-11-21). "Barco verkoopt verlieslatende Voxar: De Tijd". Tijd.be. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "Investors | Barco sells Advanced Visualization business to Toshiba". Barco. 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "Barco finalizes sale of its Defense & Aerospace division to Esterline". Barco. 2015-02-02. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "About Barco Silex". Barco-silex.com. Retrieved 2014-02-04.