Bard High School Early College Newark
|Bard High School Early College Newark|
321 Bergen Street|
Newark, NJ 07103
|Type||Magnet public high school|
|School district||Newark Public Schools|
|Principal||Dr. Carla Stephens|
Curtis R. Adair|
Dr. Lori Ween
|Enrollment||303 (as of 2015-16)|
|Student to teacher ratio||12.1:1|
Bard High School Early College Newark is a magnet public high school in Newark, in Essex County, New Jersey, United States, operating since its establishment in 2011 as part of the Newark Public Schools. Working together with Bard College, students earn 60 college credits as part of a liberal arts and sciences curriculum toward an associate degree in addition to a high school diploma. The college program is operated as a branch of Bard College at Simon's Rock and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
As of the 2015-16 school year, the school had an enrollment of 303 students and 25.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 12.1:1. There were 190 students (62.7% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 19 (6.3% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- Dr. Carla Stephens, Principal
- Curtis R. Adair Sr. Vice-Principal of Student Services and Dean of Students
- Dr. Lori Ween, Vice-Principal of Instruction and Dean of Studies
- School data for Bard Early College High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Home Page, Bard High School Early College Newark. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Bard High School Early College Newark 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 7, 2016.
- Student Handbook 2015-2016, Bard High School Early College Newark. Accessed October 28, 2015.
- From the Principal, Bard High School Early College Newark. Accessed October 28, 2015.