Bardwell Park railway station
Westbound view in December 2011
|Location||Hartill-Law Avenue, Bardwell Park|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||10.10 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||21 September 1931|
Bardwell Park station opened on 21 September 1931 when the East Hills line opened from Tempe to East Hills. In 2000, as part of the quadruplication of the line between Wolli Creek and Kingsgrove, through lines were added on either side of the existing pair.
On 22 April 2015 the station suffered significant flooding due to inclement weather, with the flood water nearly reaching the height of the platform. A time lapse video of CCTV from the station was released publicly showing the rising flood water.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport|||
|2||services to Kingsgrove, Revesby, Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
Punchbowl Bus Company operates one routes via Bardwell Park station:
Sydney Buses operate two routes via Bardwell Park station:
- Bardwell Park Station NSWrail.net
- Bardwell Park Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Krol, Charlotte (23 April 2015). "Time-lapse shows Sydney train station disappear under floodwater in 45 minutes". The Telegraph. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "T2: Airport line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 446 timetable" (PDF). Punchbowl Bus Co. 22 September 2014.
- "Route 473 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.
- "Route 491 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.