Barefoot Bay, Florida
|Barefoot Bay, Florida|
|Country||United States of America|
• Recreation district|
• Water and sewer district
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Barefoot Bay is an unincorporated, deed-restricted manufactured home community, recreation district, and water and sewer district in southern Brevard County, Florida. The population at the 2010 United States Census was 9,808.
Barefoot Bay is the largest manufactured home community in the state of Florida. It is located entirely within the unincorporated community of Micco on the Indian River Lagoon. It is part of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area. Most of the residents are retirees & snowbirds. The nearest commercial area is in Sebastian in Indian River County. Barefoot Bay shares the 32976 Sebastian zipcode as well as the 772 area code.
Barefoot Bay is located at .
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,108 housing units. The racial makeup was 98.9% White, 0.5% African American, and 0.4% from two or more races. The population was primarily retirees and senior citizens, over the age of 65. The median age was 49.2 years. Gender was close to even, with 47.4% being male, and 52.6% female.
- Bruce Alger, former member of the United States House of Representatives from Texas's 5th congressional district; died 2015
- Matthew Riggins of Palm Bay, a suspected burglar, was killed by a large alligator while hiding from the police in Barefoot Bay Lake on November 23, 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Alligator kills Barefoot Bay burglary suspect". Florida Today. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barefoot Bay, Florida.|