Barefoot Bay, Florida
|Barefoot Bay, Florida|
|Country||United States of America|
|• Type||• Recreation district
• Water and sewer district
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Barefoot Bay is an unincorporated community, manufactured home development, recreation district, and water and sewer district in southern Brevard County, Florida. The population at the 2010 United States Census was 9,808.
Barefoot Bay is one of the largest manufactured home developments in the state of Florida. It is located entirely within the unincorporated community of Micco on the Indian River Lagoon. It is part of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area. Most of the residents are retirees & snowbirds. The nearest commercial area is in Sebastian in Indian River County. Barefoot Bay shares the 32976 Sebastian zipcode as well as the 772 area code.
Barefoot Bay is located at .
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,108 housing units. The racial makeup was 98.9% White, 0.5% African American, and 0.4% from two or more races. The population was primarily retirees and senior citizens, over the age of 65. The median age was 49.2 years. Gender was close to even, with 47.4% being male, and 52.6% female.
- Bruce Alger, former member of the United States House of Representatives from Texas's 5th congressional district; died 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barefoot Bay, Florida.|
- Official Barefoot Bay Web Site operated by Barefoot Bay
- The UnOfficial Barefoot Bay Web Site operated by Stephen Rice, a Barefoot Bay Resident
- The Original Barefoot Bay Web Site owned & operated by Captain Ed & Donna, Barefoot Bay Residents
- Barefoot Bay Underground Web Site operated by intruder2u