Barefoot Blue Jean Night
|Barefoot Blue Jean Night|
|Studio album by Jake Owen|
|Released||August 30, 2011|
|Jake Owen chronology|
|Singles from Barefoot Blue Jean Night|
Barefoot Blue Jean Night is the third studio album by American country music artist Jake Owen. It was released on August 30, 2011 via RCA Records Nashville. The album's first single, "Barefoot Blue Jean Night," is the fastest-rising single of Owen's career, as well as his first Number One hit.
Giving it two-and-a-half stars out of five, Stephen Thomas Erlewine wrote that Owen "is a likable enough presence but he can’t sell the cold calculations of these transparent good times". Michael Sudhalter of Country Standard Time gave the album a positive review. He thought that the album had "plenty of versatility" and that its title track is "just right for the summer time". Similarly, Bobby Peacock of Roughstock thought that the album's songs had several overlapping themes and that Owen "has truly put out an album that he should be proud of", giving it four-and-a-half stars out of five.
|1.||"Anywhere with You"||Ben Hayslip, David Lee Murphy, Jimmy Yeary||3:29|
|2.||"Keepin' It Country"||Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins||3:19|
|3.||"Wide Awake"||Brett Eldredge, Murphy, Rivers Rutherford||3:01|
|4.||"Barefoot Blue Jean Night"||Eric Paslay, Dylan Altman, Terry Sawchuk||2:47|
|5.||"Heaven"||Chris DuBois, Ashley Gorley, Matt Jenkins||3:11|
|6.||"Apple Pie Moonshine"||Clawson, Tompkins, Chad Kroeger, Craig Wiseman||3:17|
|7.||"The Journey of Your Life"||Ronnie Bowman, Troy Jones||3:48|
|8.||"Alone with You"||Catt Gravitt, J. T. Harding, Shane McAnally||3:31|
|9.||"Settin' the World on Fire"||Derek George, Chuck Jones, Kip Moore||3:47|
|10.||"Nobody Feelin' No Pain"||Brett James, Murphy||4:56|
|11.||"The One That Got Away"||Dallas Davidson, Jake Owen, Jimmy Ritchey||3:14|
- Tom Bukovac – acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Sarah Buxton – background vocals
- Perry Coleman – background vocals
- Chad Cromwell – drums, percussion
- Glen Duncan – banjo, dobro
- Kyle Everson – programming
- Shannon Forrest – drums
- Kenny Greenberg – acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Wes Hightower – background vocals
- John Barlow Jarvis – Hammond B-3 organ, keyboards, piano, Wurlitzer
- Charlie Judge – Hammond B-3 organ, piano, synthesizer
- Brent Mason – electric guitar
- Jerry McPherson – electric guitar
- Joey Moi – programming
- Steve Nathan – Hammond B-3 organ, piano
- Jake Owen – acoustic guitar, lead vocals
- Michael Rhodes – bass guitar
- Adam Shoenfeld – electric guitar
- Jimmie Lee Sloas – bass guitar
- Chris Tompkins – programming
- Ilya Toshinsky – banjo, dobro, acoustic guitar
|US Billboard 200||6|
|US Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|US Hot Country||US Country Airplay||US||CAN|
|2011||"Barefoot Blue Jean Night"||—||1||21||52|
|"Alone with You"||—||1||41||69|
|2012||"The One That Got Away"||7||1||51||65|
|2013||"Anywhere with You"||7||1||46||60|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Barefoot Blue Jean Night review". Allmusic. Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Peacock, Bobby (August 26, 2011). "Barefoot Blue Jean Night review". Roughstock. Archived from the original on March 27, 2012. Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Conaway, Alanna (June 16, 2011). "Jake Owen Sets August 30 Release Date for New Album 'Barefoot Blue Jean Night'". Taste of Country. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- Sudhalter, Michael. "Barefoot Blue Jean Night review". Country Standard Time. Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- "Barefoot Blue Jean Night". Discogs. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "MTV VMAs Boost Adele, Beyonce on Billboard 200' RHCP Score Big Debut". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Archived from the original on July 29, 2011. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "Chart listing for "Barefoot Blue Jean Night"". Billboard. Archived from the original on July 29, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "American album certifications – Jake Owen – Barefoot Blue Jean Night". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
Hell on Heels by Pistol Annies
|Top Country Albums number-one album
September 17, 2011
Here for a Good Time by George Strait