|Single by Robert Parker|
"Barefootin'" is a 1965 song performed by Robert Parker. "Barefootin'" was arranged and produced by Wardell Quezergue in 1965. The song reached No.2 on the U.S. R&B chart, No.7 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No.11 on the Cash Box Top 100 in June 1966. Parker's record label, Nola Records, claimed that the record sold over one million copies. The track also reached No.24 in the UK Singles Chart in September 1966.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2013)
In 1987 a claymation music video was produced by Aardman Animations. Aardman Animations were approached by Charly Records who owned the back catalog rights to many classic R&B tracks. In the late '80s, classic R&B charted at the lower 100 on the charts and sometimes the owner would spend some marketing money on a song hoping to kick it into the top 20.
- "CASH BOX Top 100 Singles: Week ending JUNE 11, 1966". www.cashboxmagazine.com. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- Murrells., Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie & Jenkins. p. 210. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- "Official [U.K.] Singles Chart Top 50: 1st-7th September 1966". Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 417. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Episode 8: Music Videos", aardman.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
|This 1960s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|