بریلی ہوائی اڈا
Trishul Air Base
|IATA: BEK – ICAO: VIBY|
|Airport type||Military / Public|
|Operator||Indian Air Force /
Airports Authority of India
|Location||Izzatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Elevation AMSL||578 ft / 176 m|
Bareilly Airport (IATA: BEK, ICAO: VIBY), is a civil enclave at Trishul Air Base of the Indian Air Force at Izzatnagar, 6 kilometres North of Bareilly, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. The airbase is not open to civilians except some high government officials on government work.
Trishul Air Base
The air force station is one of the largest airbases of the Indian Air Force (IAF). It is part of Central Air Command. It has a squadron of fighters, the Sukhois and the helicopter squadrons. The Trishul air-base in Bareilly had Foxbats capable of flying up to 80,000 feet. The underground hangar it possesses is considered to be one of the largest in Asia. The Russian-origin Su-30 MKI fighters have been deployed at Bareilly.
The Airports Authority of India will construct a passenger terminal at the civil enclave at Ahmednagar village at Pilibhit bypass. The district administration of Bareilly has received Rs. 11 crore from the government for the Civil Enclave project. 10 Hectares of Land has been acquired for this purpose from farmers at a cost of 25.69 Crores.
- Kanpur International Airport
- Lucknow International Airport
- Varanasi International Airport
- Taj International Airport
- Kanpur Airport
- Allahabad Airport
- Gorakhpur Airport
- Raebareli Airport
Notes and references
- "The MIGnificient Flying Machines". Bharat Rakshak. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Records of the Geological Survey of India. Volume 128, Part 2.
- The Evolving Maritime Balance of Power in the Asia-Pacific. ISBN 981256828X. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Civil airport project pending awaiting state govt order". The Times of India. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
|This military aviation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|