Trishul Air Base
|Operator||Indian Air Force|
|Serves||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Elevation AMSL||578 ft / 176 m|
Bareilly Airport (IATA: BEK, ICAO: VIBY) is a planned civil enclave at the Trishul Air Base of the Indian Air Force at Izzatnagar, 6 km north of Bareilly, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. The air base is currently not open to civilians. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) will construct the civil enclave adjacent to the air base by 2017.
Trishul Air Base
The Bareilly air force station (Trishul Air Base) is one of the largest air bases of the Indian Air Force (IAF). It is a part of Central Air Command. It has a squadron of fighters, the Sukhois and the helicopter squadrons. It had Foxbats capable of flying up to 80,000 feet. The underground hangar it possesses is considered to be one of the largest in Asia. The Russian-origin Su-30 MKI fighters have been deployed at this air base.
The Airports Authority of India will construct a passenger terminal at the civil enclave at Mudia Ahmed Nagar village along the Pilibhit bypass. The terminal will be named 'Naath Nagri'. The district administration of Bareilly received Rs.11 crore from the government for the Civil Enclave project. Ten hectare land has been acquired from farmers for this purpose. AAI commenced the tender process to award construction contracts for the development of Bareilly Airport in September 2017 and expects the civil enclave to be ready by May 2018, pending Uttar Pradesh State Government approval. However, the opening of the civil enclave may be delayed after the IAF sought changes in the layout of the taxiway which will connect the civil enclave apron to the runway.
- "UP: Bareilly likely to get airport by 2017". Hindustan Times. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "The MIGnificient Flying Machines". Bharat Rakshak. Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Records of the Geological Survey of India. Volume 128, Part 2.
- The Evolving Maritime Balance of Power in the Asia-Pacific. ISBN 981256828X. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Proposal to name civil enclave at Bareilly airport as 'Naath Nagri' passed". The Indian Express. 9 July 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Civil airport project pending awaiting state govt order". The Times of India. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Bareilly airport". CAPA. Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Civilian flights from city may be delayed as IAF seeks changes in taxiway plan". The Times of India. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.