The road into Barenton-Bugny
|Intercommunality||Pays de la Serre|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Gérard Bourez|
|11.38 km2 (4.39 sq mi)|
|• Density||49/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||64–96 m (210–315 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Barentonais or Barentonaises
Barenton-Bugny is located some 5 km north by north-west of Laon and 8 km south of Crecy-sur-Serre. The Autoroute des Anglais (A26 autoroute) passes through the commune and there is an exit just south of the commune to National Highway N2 which passes north-east though the commune. From National Highway N2 the commune can be accessed on road D546 going north to the village then continuing north-west to intersect the D545 going north to Barenton-Cel. The D513 also goes east from the village to Monceau-le-Waast. There is also the D967 road which passes north-south through the western edge of the commune. Apart from the village and a few patches of forest the commune is entirely farmland with no other villages or hamlets.
The north-western border of the commune is delineated by the Ruisseau de Longedeau which flows into the Ru des Barentons and continues north changing its name a few times before joining the Souche river.
List of Successive Mayors of Barenton-Bugny
(Not all data is known)
Sites and Monuments
- The Church of Saint Martin (12th century) is registered as an historical monument.
- Picture Gallery
- René Blondelle, Senator for Aisne and one of the largest postwar farmers in Barenton-Bugny.
- Barenton-Bugny on the old IGN website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Bell Towers website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- 40000 Bell Towers website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Barenton-Bugny on Lion1906
- Barenton-Bugny on Google Maps
- Barenton-Bugny on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Baranton Bugny on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Barenton-Bugny on the INSEE website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- INSEE ‹See Tfd›(in French)
Notes and references
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barenton-Bugny.|