This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Barghouti (other spellings Barghuthi, Barghouthi, or Al-Barghuthi) (classical Arabic: البرغوثي al-Barghūthī) is the surname of a prominent Palestinian family. Many members are involved in Palestinian politics and mainly come from Ramallah and al-Bireh Governorate's most prominent towns of Aboud, Kobar and Bani Zeid.
List of notable members
- Abd al-Jabir al-Barghouti, Palestinian commander of the Bani Zeid during the 1834 Palestinian revolt
- Abd Allatif Barghouti (1928–2002), Palestinian writer and poet
- Abdullah Barghouti (born 1979), Palestinian leading commander in Hamas' armed wing Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades
- Bashir Barghouti (1931–2000), Palestinian communist and journalist
- Hussein Barghouti (1954–2002), Palestinian poet
- Marwan Barghouti (born 1958), Palestinian leader of Fatah, jailed by Israel during the Second Intifada
- Mohammad Barghouti, Palestinian former labour minister of the Palestinian Authority
- Mourid Barghouti (born 1944), poet Palestinian and writer
- Mustafa Barghouti (born 1954), Palestinian medical doctor and democracy activist
- Omar Barghouti (born 1964), BDS Palestinian activist
- Tamim al-Barghouti (born 1977), Palestinian poet and political scientist, son of Mourid Barghouti.
- Imad Barghouthi (born 1962), Palestinian Scientist and public figure, known for his imprisonment in Israeli jails after sharing his thoughts on facebook.