Barhait (community development block)
Community development block
|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|• Total literates||45,188 (42.50%)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||JH 18|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Rajmahal|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barhait|
Barhait is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Sahibganj subdivision of Sahibganj district, Jharkhand state, India. It is located 45 km from Sahibganj, the district headquarters.
Barhait, the CD Block headquarters, is located at It is on the Dumka-Sahibganj Road..
The district can be divided into two regions, one of which covers Borio, Mandro, Barhait, Pathna and Taljhari CD Blocks, and lies under the Damin-i-koh area. Dense forests coveing the hills and slopes have thinned out. Paddy is cultivated in the valleys and on the hill tops the inhabitants grow barbatti and maize. Paharias, Mal Paharias and Santhalis generally inhabit the area.
Barhait CD Block has 275 gram panchayats, 190 inhabited (chiragi) and 85 uninhabited (bechiragi) villages.
As per 2011 Census of India Barhait CD Block had a total population of 130,227, of which 115,742 were rural and 14,485 were urban. There were 66,401 (51 %) males and 63,826 (49 %) females. Population below 6 years was 23,895. Scheduled Castes numbered 5,522 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 70,233.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Barhait CD Block was 45,188 (42.50 % of the population over 6 years) out of which 28,413 (63 %) were males and 16,775 (37 %) were females.
- "Barhait". Jharkhand. Wikimapia. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "District Profile – Physical Aspects". Jharkhand. Sahibganj district administration. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "2011 Census C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "District Census 2011". Population Census 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Jharkhand Profile" (PDF). Census Info India 2011 – Final population totals. Census Commissioner, Government of India. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Literacy in India". Census 2011. Census population 2015 data. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|