Barhi (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Barhi assembly constituency is part of Hazaribagh (Lok Sabha constituency). There are four blocks under the jurisdiction of Barhi Assembly Constituency- Barhi, Chauparan, Padma in Hazaribagh district and Chandwara in Koderma district. Two new administrative blocks (Padma and Chandwara) were created during the 1990s when Ram Lakhan Singh was the MLA of the constituency. The constituency covers 64 panchyats under these four blocks- Barhi (20 panchayats), Chauparan (26 panchayats), Padma (8 Panchayats) and Chadwara (10 panchayats). Entire Barhi constituency is divided into 318 polling booths.
Members of Assembly
- 2005: Manoj Yadav, IndianNational Congress
- 2009: Umashankar Akela, Bharatiya Janata
- 2014: Manoj Kumar Yadav, Indian National Congress
Umashankar Akela of BJP won in the Barhi assembly constituency defeating Manoj Kumar Yadav of Congress in 2009. Manoj Kumar Yadav of Congress defeated Umashankar Akela representing SP in 2005, and Mahaveer Sahu of BJP in 2000 and 1995. Ram Lakhan Singh of CPI defeated Manoj Kumar Yadav of Congress in 1990. Niranjan Prasad Singh of Congress defeated Ram Lakhan Singh of CPI in 1985 and 1980. Lalita Rajya Lakshmi of Janata Party defeated Matinul Hasan of Congress in 1977.
- Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India 
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Hazaribagh Loksabha Constituency (Jharkhand)". India Study Channel.com. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "Jharkhand State Election Results 2009". Travel India Guide. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "State Elections 2000 - Partywise Comparison for 21-Barhi assembly constituency of Jharkhand". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "State Elections 2005 - Partywise Comparison for 21-Barhi assembly constituency of Jharkhand". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|