|Elevation||75 m (246 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bishnupur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barjora|
Barjora is located at  It has an average elevation of 75 metres (246 feet)..
As per 2011 Census of India Barjora had a total population of 14,012 of which 7,203 (51%) were males and 6,809 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,269. The total number of literates in Barjora was 10,535 (82.67% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Barjora had a population of 11,509. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Barjora has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; 57% of the literates are males and 43% are females. 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
CD Block HQ
Barjora is famous for coal. Presently two collieries are being operated at Barjora- 1. Bengal Empta 2. Trans Damodar
State Highway 9 connects Durgapur with Bankura via Barjora. The Barjora – Maliara- Durlavpur Road originates from 36 km point of the State Highway 9 (Bankura-Durgapur) and terminates on the National Highway 14, which is adjacent to Mejia Thermal Power Station.
Barjora College was established in 1985 with the active support of Aswini Kumar Raj, Lalbehari Bhattacharya, Radhakanta Mondal, Manik Chandra Mukherjee and others. It is affiliated to the University of Burdwan and offers honours courses in English, Bengali, Sanskrit, history, political science, philosophy, economics and geography.
Barjora Block Public Health Centre functions as the central facility in Barjora CD Block, with four Public Health Centres at Beliatore, Chhandar, Pakhanna and Godardihi and 36 subcentres.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Barjora
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "District Census Handbook: Bankura" (PDF). Map of Bankura with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Bankura District" (PDF). Barjora. Bankura district administration. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Bankura". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Barjora PS". Bankura District Police. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Land Use & Development Control Plan for Barjora Gangajalghati Planning Area" (PDF). Town & Country Planning Branch, Urban Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-06-10.[dead link]
- "Barjora College". Barjora College. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Barjora College". College Admission. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Status of Health and FW Services in Bankura District". Chief Medical Officer of Health, Bankura. Retrieved 11 December 2016.