Barkhera Railway Station
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Postal Index Number||464995|
|ISO 3166 code||MP-IN|
Barkheda is a village in the Obedullaganj block of the Raisen District of Madhya Pradesh, India. Alternative English spellings of its name include Bharkada and Barkhera. It is a census designated place with the code 484296 (2011).
Archaeological excavations at Barkhera have resulted in the history of early historical remains. These include pottery with close affinity to "Malwa ware" and acheulean assemblages similar to the ones found at Bhimbetka. Barkhera has been identified as the source of the raw materials used in some of the monoliths discovered at Bhimbetka. A human skeleton dating to 2nd millennium BCE has also been discovered at Barkheda.
- "List of villages in the Obedullaganj block". Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. Integrated Management Information System (IMIS). Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory". Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Archived from the original on 2012-07-12. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- MC Joshi, ed. (1993). Indian Archaeology: 1987-88 - A Review (PDF). New Delhi: Archaeological Survey of India. p. 42.
- Pranab Kumar Bhattacharyya (1977). Historical Geography of Madhya Pradesh from Early Records. Motilal Banarsidass. p. 2. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- Amalananda Ghosh (1990). An Encyclopaedia of Indian Archaeology. BRILL. p. 55. ISBN 978-90-04-09264-8. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- VN Misra (November 2001). "Prehistoric human colonization of India" (PDF). Journal of Biosciences. Indian Academy of Sciences. 26 (4): 494. doi:10.1007/bf02704749. ISSN 0973-7138. PMID 11779962. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "Bhimbetka (India) No. 925" (PDF). UNESCO World Heritage Centre. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- K. D. Bajpai; Ajay Mitra Shastri; R. K. Sharma; Agam Prasad (1987). Vajapeya, essays on evolution of Indian art & culture: Prof. K.D. Bajpai felicitation volume. Agam Kala Prakashan. p. 399. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Physical features" (PDF). National Water Development Agency. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "EAI Summary" (PDF). Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control Board. Retrieved 2012-04-28.