Barking Learning Centre
The Barking Learning Centre, in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, is a community-based learning facility. The centre is located in Barking Town Square and hosts a library, a cafe, an art gallery, a sauna and spa, and offers a range of courses and qualifications. The Barking Learning Centre website states that its primary focus:
"is to provide education and training opportunities linked to the public service areas of health, education, social care and administration, to support increased participation to learning locally".
The Barking Learning Centre was officially opened on 10 June 2008 by John Denham, the then Secretary of State for Innovation, University and Skills.
Courses at the Barking Learning Centre include health, education, social care, and recreation. The courses are provided by Barking and Dagenham College, the Adult College of Barking and Dagenham, and the University of East London.
- "Barking Central 1, London". Housing Design Awards 2008. Archived from the original on 1 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- ,"Barking Learning Centre". Archived from the original on 26 January 2010.
- ,"Barking Learning Centre: About". Archived from the original on 31 January 2010.
- "Extra Opportunities with Barking Learning Cente Launch".
- ,"We need more education! – Barking & Dagenham students speak out".
- Barking College
- The Adult College of Barking and Dagenham
- The University of East London
- Understanding People: Foundation Degree at the BLC