The Barking Spiders Live: 1983
|The Barking Spiders Live: 1983|
|Live album by Cold Chisel|
|Recorded||25 October, 12 - 15 December 1983|
|Cold Chisel chronology|
The Barking Spiders Live: 1983 is a live album by Australian rock band Cold Chisel. It was recorded during the final performances of their Last Stand tour in 1983, at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. The name of the album derives from a name the band used occasionally when playing warm-up shows before tours. A "barking spider" is a slang term for flatulence.
The album spent 20 weeks in the Australian charts, peaking at number 14.
Reviewed in the Canberra Times at the time of release, the album was described as, "a great reminder of the band's power and talent, particularly in concert, and a crucial purchase for all Chisel fans."
All tracks by Don Walker except where indicated
- "You Got Nothing I Want" (Jimmy Barnes)
- "No Sense" (Barnes)
- "Hold Me Tight"
- "Forever Now" (Steve Prestwich)
- "Standing on the Outside"
- "Bow River" (Ian Moss)
- "It's Only Make Believe" (Jack Nance, Conway Twitty)
- "Twentieth Century"
- "Georgia" (Stuart Gorrell, Hoagy Carmichael)
- Jim Barnes - vocals, guitar
- Ian Moss - guitar, lead vocals tracks 8 and 12
- Don Walker - organ, piano
- Phil Small - bass
- Steve Prestwich - drums
- Dave Blight - harmonica