|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Police||Devon and Cornwall|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Barkla Shop is a small hamlet in mid Cornwall, England, United Kingdom half-a-mile east of St Agnes. According to the Post Office the 2011 Census population for the hamlet was included in the civil parish of Perranzabuloe
Barkla Shop, located on the road between Perranporth and St Agnes, is named after a blacksmith's shop. When the railway was built rock was brought from the Wheal Liberty quarries by horses, and the blacksmith's shop was important to properly maintain the horses. There was also a carpenter's shop. Both shops are no longer there.
The Glen Carne Housing and Support organisation has a location in Barkla Shop, for long term housing while homeless men gain training and education, such as in Information Technology or horticulture.
- Ordnance Survey: Landranger map sheet 204 Truro & Falmouth ISBN 978-0-319-23149-4
- Mithian Walking Tour. St Agnes Forum. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- Villages. St Agnes Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- Mithian Post Office, Barkla Shop. Cylex-UK Business Directory. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- Glen Carne. Cornwall Council. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
Media related to Barkla Shop at Wikimedia Commons