Barkley Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||59.92 sq mi (155.2 km2)|
|• Land||59.9 sq mi (155 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||15/sq mi (6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453095|
Barkley Township was established in 1838. It was named for Henry Barkley, Sr.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 59.92 square miles (155.2 km2), of which 59.9 square miles (155 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water.
- Walker Township (north)
- Gillam Township (east)
- Hanging Grove Township (southeast)
- Marion Township (southwest)
- Union Township (west)
The township contains nine cemeteries: Brown, Dunkard, Hankle, Parkison, Prater, Price, Rees, Sandridge and Smith.
- "Barkley Township, Jasper County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 49.