Barnabas Community Church, Shrewsbury
Barnabas Community Church is an independent, charismatic evangelical, Church in Shrewsbury, England, and is in many ways a product of the UK British New Church Movement. It is part of the Newfrontiers family of churches and a member of the Evangelical Alliance.
Barnabas Christian Fellowship was founded in 1983, after the Crowmoor Baptist Church outgrew its building at the time. The initial group was about 80 strong. Restricted by only having limited capacity in meeting rooms above a pub, as the church grew, it separated into two congregations for a three-year period. In 1993, the two congregations reunited and began meeting together at the Wakeman School with a clear sense that a new "home" was needed.
In 1996 Barnabas formally became part of Newfrontiers, an international family of similar churches.
The Barnabas Centre
Between 1983 and 1985 the church met in various public halls including the Music Hall and the Gateway arts centre. Between 1985 and 1996 the church rented a suite of rooms above the Lloyds pub in Shrewsbury town centre. In 1996 the church moved to the Longden Coleham Territorial Army Centre which it expanded and now uses as a permanent base.
- Shrewsbury Venue Shrewsbury - Barnabas Community Church Shrewsbury Archived October 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Newfrontiers – A Worldwide Family of Churches Together on a Mission
- Church Search
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2005-05-05. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- Wakeman School Internet Home Page Archived 2012-02-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- CELL GROUPS - Barnabas Community Church Shrewsbury Archived December 17, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- CellUk: Home
- Barnabas Community Church | Alpha UK[permanent dead link]
- Shrewsbury Music Hall | Home Page Archived 2007-12-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Gateway Education and Arts Centre | Shropshire County Council
- "Shrewsbury". The drill hall project. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- Shrewsbury Senior Citizens
- Community Council of Shropshire - Effective Hearing Programmes[permanent dead link]
- COMMUNITY LIFE - Barnabas Community Church Shrewsbury Archived December 17, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Community Money Advice
- Barnabas Community Church "Outlook Programme" (Shrewsbury) | Shropshire County Council[permanent dead link]
- Impact Shrewsbury