Barnesville High School
|Barnesville High School|
910 Shamrock Drive
|Type||Public, coeducational high school|
|School district||Barnesville Exempted Village School District|
|Campus type||Distant Town|
|Color(s)||Kelly Green, White, and Red |
|Fight song||Across the Field|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Valley Athletic Conference|
|Rival||Union Local High School|
|Athletic Director||Mark Cook|
Barnesville High School is a public high school in Barnesville, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Barnesville Exempted Village School District. Athletic teams compete as the Barnesville Shamrocks in the Ohio High School Athletic Association as a member of the Ohio Valley Athletic Conference.
The high school was first opened in 1874 in downtown Barnesville, and the first class graduated in 1877. The school district began to feel growing pains in the 1940s and a measure was passed to build a new high school. A site was selected on the east end of Barnesville and groundbreaking commenced in the 1960s. The building later saw renovations in the early 2000s due to the growing student body. The work included an expanded gymnasium, an administration wing, enlarged art room and an industrial arts room, as well as some technological and decorative upgrades.
The following is an alphabetical list of sports offered by the high school.
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
OHSAA State Championships
- National Honor Society
- Key Club
- Student Athletic Association
- Varsity B
- Art Club
Notes and references
- U.S. News & World Report. "Barnesville High School". Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Ohio Valley Athletic Conference".
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Wrestling". Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-12.