Barnet and Southgate College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Barnet and Southgate College|
|Department for Education URN||130425 Tables|
|CEO||Darren Mepham (from 07/01/19)|
|Age||16 to 18|
Barnet and Southgate College is a further education college in North London, England in the United Kingdom . It has three main campuses and two other learning centres in the London Borough of Barnet and the London Borough of Enfield, and is a member of the Collab Group of colleges.
The College was formed on 1 November 2011 with the merger between Barnet College and Southgate College.
Courses taught include academic qualifications (such as AS and A Levels), to more vocational studies such as City and Guilds courses and BTEC diplomas. The College also runs higher education courses (such as Foundation degrees) in a number of subjects. It has approximately 21,000 students.
- Wood Street Campus, Barnet (includes "Tudor Hall", originally Queen Elizabeth's School). The Wood street Campus reopened in September 2010 following a £50 million redevelopment, and provides a centre for its learners in the heart of High Barnet.
- Colindale Campus, Colindale The new Colindale Campus opened in August 2016 and runs a range of vocational and short skills training courses, centred around Hairdressing (The Wella Centre of Excellence), Beauty and Construction.
- Southgate Campus Southgate The Southgate Campus offers a wide range of Academic and Vocational courses to suit people of all abilities. It is home to the College's many successful sports academies. The Southgate Campus also includes fully equipped automotive and electrical workshops, and is the location for the prestigious new Centre of Excellence for Learners with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities.
- Edmonton Green Campus Edmonton, London EGCC is the off site provision for the Southgate Campus and works at improving community cohesion in and around the Edmonton Green area. The Centre offers a variety of educational opportunities to students not previously available to them.
- Hospitality House offers professional training in hospitality and the culinary arts at a state-of-the-art and adaptable commercial facility next to East Finchley Underground Station.
|Wood Street Campus|
|Edmonton Green Campus|
- Nicko McBrain (b. 1952), drummer for Iron Maiden
- Peter Banks, guitarist of Yes, Flash, etc.
- Ozwald Boateng, fashion designer.
- Emma Bunton , aka 'Baby Spice' singer and member of pop group Spice Girls.
- Rick Wills , guitarist for Foreigner, Bad Company and The Jones Gang.