Barnett Township, Forest County, Pennsylvania
Map of Forest County, Pennsylvania highlighting Barnett Township
Map of Forest County, Pennsylvania
|• Type||Board of Supervisors|
|• Supervisor||Terry Craig|
|• Supervisor||Rick Knutson|
|• Supervisor||Todd Boyer|
|• Total||34.35 sq mi (88.97 km2)|
|• Land||34.34 sq mi (88.94 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||9.67/sq mi (3.73/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Barnett Township is in southeastern Forest County, bordered to the east by Elk County, to the west by Clarion County, and to the south, across the Clarion River, by Barnett Township, Jefferson County. The township includes the unincorporated communities of Redclyffe, Hottelville, Clarington, and Cooksburg.
As of the census of 2000, there were 349 people, 156 households, and 105 families residing in the township. The population density was 10.2 people per square mile (3.9/km²). There were 780 housing units at an average density of 22.7/sq mi (8.8/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.43% White and 0.57% Native American.
There were 156 households, out of which 22.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.3% were married couples living together, 4.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.1% were non-families. 29.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 16.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.24 and the average family size was 2.75.
In the township the population was spread out, with 17.2% under the age of 18, 3.4% from 18 to 24, 21.8% from 25 to 44, 33.5% from 45 to 64, and 24.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 49 years. For every 100 females, there were 115.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 112.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $31,250, and the median income for a family was $40,000. Males had a median income of $32,404 versus $16,591 for females. The per capita income for the township was $13,995. About 13.6% of families and 21.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.2% of those under age 18 and 5.0% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Barnett Township, Forest County, Pennsylvania". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.