Church in Barneveld
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Postcode||3770, 3771, 3772, 3773|
Barneveld is served by Connexxion at three train stations. Barneveld Centrum is in the centre of Barneveld and the Barneveld Noord railway station in the village of Harselaar, where there is a Park & Ride facility and Barneveld Zuid railway station in the newly constructed area known as Veller
Due to the central geographic location of the city and its close proximity to major transport routes Barneveld has become a foundry for innovative industry. Moba, the world's largest manufacturer of egg grading and packing machines. Baan was a longtime leader in the ERP market before it almost collapsed due to "creative" revenue manipulation. Bettink Service en Onderhoud, which is the biggest brand independent wind turbine service company in the Netherlands. Eltomation, which has been involved in the development and worldwide supply of over 160 complete plants and projects for the production of Cement Bonded Boards. EeStairs, that created a DNA-inspired staircase and designed a space-saving stair solution that fits into a tiny 3-foot-by-3-foot space. Paperfoam, a company that is specialised in environmental friendly packaging with a very low carbon footprint. Other locally well known companies are Vink, De Heus, founded in Barneveld, current HQ in Ede, Netherlands and the Royal BDU Publishing.
There are 3 secondary schools in Barneveld:
- Jacobus Cornelius Kapteyn (1851–1922), astronomer
- Eduard Daniel van Oort (1876–1933), ornithologist
- Egbert Adriaan Kreiken (1896–1964), teacher and astronomer
- Conny van Bentum (born 1965), freestyle swimmer
- Alfred Schreuder (born 1972), footballer and football coach
- Sander van de Streek (born 1993), footballer
- Barneveld in Cijfers
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Bettink Service en Onderhoud Archived 30 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Vink[permanent dead link]
- De Heus
- The Royal BDU Publishing
- Johannes Fontanus College
- De Meerwaarde
- Van Lodenstein College Archived 11 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
Media related to Barneveld at Wikimedia Commons