|Birth name||Barnard Franklin Bentall|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Labels||Epic, True North|
|Associated acts||Barney Bentall and the Legendary Hearts, The High Bar Gang|
Barnard Franklin "Barney" Bentall (born March 1956 in Toronto) is a Canadian pop/rock singer-songwriter who is most well known for his 1990s-era band, Barney Bentall and the Legendary Hearts. Their most successful Canadian singles included "Something to Live For", "Life Could Be Worse", "Crime Against Love" and "Come Back to Me". Although it is rarely mentioned, he is also a member of the prominent Bentall family of Dominion Construction and the Bentall Centre, in downtown Vancouver, BC. He has also recorded under the pseudonym Brandon Wolf.
After ten years of recording and touring with the Legendary Hearts, Bentall started a cattle ranch in 1997 in British Columbia. Then in 2006, he released his first solo album titled Gift Horse on True North Records on August 3, 2006. In 2008, he released a DVD of his live The Grand Cariboo Opry show, which included a 12-track audio CD.
Bentall teamed up with Ulrich again in 2010 to form The High Bar Gang, a bluegrass-styled band. The band features Shari Ulrich, Kirby Barber and Wendy Bird for vocal harmony along with Rob Becker, Colin Nairne, and David Barber.
His son Dustin Bentall is also a professional musician.
|The Grand Cariboo Opry||
|"Live" at Cates Hill
(with Shari Ulrich and Tom Taylor)
|The Inside Passage||
|Flesh and Bone||
Barney Bentall and the Legendary Hearts - for discography.
- Bateman, Jeff. "Bentall, Barnard Franklin". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2008-02-12.
- Ross, Mike (1998-09-24). "Bentall turned back on riches". Jam!/Canoe. Retrieved 2008-02-12.
- "The High Bar Gang". True North Records. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Stephen Smith, "Dustin Bentall finding his roots", Okotoks Western Wheel, November 22, 2010
- Barney Bentall's Official Site
- CanConRox entry
- Discography on Canoe.ca
- Dose (CanWest): Barney Bentall profile
|This article about a Canadian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|