Barntown (Irish: Baile an Bharúnaigh) is a townland and village in County Wexford, Ireland. Located just outside the boundary of Wexford town, as of the 2016 census, Barntown had a population of 459 people.
The remains of Barntown Castle, a Norman tower house, lie to the east of the village of Barntown. This was built by the Roche family, and was used as a watchtower and storehouse for Ferrycarrig Castle.
- "Baile an Bharúnaigh / Barntown". logainm.ie. Irish Placenames Commission. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Sapmap Area - Settlements - Barntown". Census 2016. Central Statistics Office. April 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Barntown Castle Tower House". barntown.ie. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "St. Alphonsus' Church Barntown". Taghmon Historical Society. Archived from the original on 8 September 2005.
- "Glynn Barntown GAA Club". glynnbarntown.com. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barntown.|
|This article related to the geography of County Wexford, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|