Baron Geisler in 2009
|Born||Baron Frederick von Geisler
June 5, 1982
Clark Air Base, Angeles City, Philippines
|Agent||Star Magic (1994 - 2009)
ALV Talent Circuit(2010 - present)
Baron Frederick von Geisler (born 5 June 1982, Clark Air Base, Angeles City, Philippines), popularly known by his on-screen name simply as Baron Geisler, is a multi-award winning Filipino actor, amateur artist and poet. Geisler is a son of a Filipina-Bicolana mother and a German American father who was stationed at the former U.S. military base in Angeles City. He is the brother of Donald Geisler, a retired Olympic taekwondo-jin.
Several of Geisler's accolades includes winning the Best Actor award in the 4th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival on July 20, 2008 and the 2005 PMPC Best Single Performance of an Actor in "Maalaala Mo Kaya" (Would You Remember?).
Life and career
Geisler was born to Gracia Bayoneto of Bicol, Philippines and Donald David Geisler, a former German American military. Geisler entered show business as a child actor in 1994 through the phenomenal variety kiddie/teen gag show, Ang TV. A year later, he became officially a part of ABS-CBN's roster of rising homegrown talents as a member of the elite Star Circle Batch 5. He was considered as one of the network's most promising young stars alongside John Lloyd Cruz and Marc Solis in the teen boy trio "Koolits", where he was once paired up with Kristine Hermosa. Geisler cites veteran Filipino actor Johnny Delgado as a major influence in acting.
Geisler is one of the most controversial young actors in his generation. While his performance as an actor was going stellar, his career on the other hand was becoming stiff. He has confessed to being addicted to alcohol after his father's demise. Geisler's family house has also been razed by fire twice and he himself has been involved in numerous brawls. One of the said brawls was a bar scuffle, in fact, left him with two visible scars on his left cheek. His own mother eventually signed him up in a detox facility (for 10 days) thus helping him earn the nickname as the "Wild Child" of Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2 and recently tagged as the modern day "Bad Boy" in Philippine Showbiz.
Geisler faced lawsuit against fellow former Pinoy Big Brother housemate Yayo Aguila's daughter Patricia accusing him of an alleged sexual harassment in which Geisler has denied engaging. The case was on-going as Geisler still appeared in his several TV series projects such as Eva Fonda, Tayong Dalawa (The Two of Us), The Wedding and others to name a few. Geisler also faced a lawsuit filed by actress Yasmien Kurdi for another alleged sexual harassment case.
Geisler has considered changing network from ABS-CBN to GMA Network after being offered to be a part of SRO Cinemaserye of GMA. Yet, he remained a free lance actor appearing to both networks. Geisler is currently a part of ALV Talent Circuit, Inc.
Geisler's also known to have had past relationships with actresses such as former Tabing Ilog co-star Jodi Sta. Maria, Kristine Hermosa, Matet de Leon, Desiree del Valle, Dionne Monsanto and Cai Cortez (daughter of veteran actor Rez Cortez).
Indefinite artist ban
In early 2011, Geisler faced a harassment complaint from actress Cherry Pie Picache who accused him for groping her breast on the set of Noah in which Geisler has denied engaging and claimed it was just an accidental touch. It was reported that Geisler was under the influence of alcohol on that taping day. This is Geisler's fourth acts of lasciviousness / unjust vexation accusation, the other three are with Patricia Martinez, Yasmien Kurdi and Julia Clarete respectively.
It was later confirmed by Geisler's manager, Arnold Vegafria, that Geisler immediately made a public apology statement in the presence of Picache just right after the incident and voluntarily entered rehabilitation in a 90-day treatment session. The Professional Artist Management, Inc. (PAMI) stated that Geisler will be on an indefinite artist ban which prohibits artists and talents whose managers are PAMI-members from working with Geisler unless he could complete his 90-day treatment session and be fully rehabilitated. Geisler's alcohol rehabilitation started on January 30, 2011 and as per confirmation, had successfully completed.
Return to acting
After finishing rehab, Geisler and Yasmien Kurdi reconciled resulting in Kurdi withdrawing the case filed against him. Geisler played Erning Toothpick (a character originally played by actor Paquito Diaz based on its real life counterpart, Ernesto Reyes) in the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival entry of Viva Films, Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story top-billed by Laguna Governor Jeorge "ER" Ejercito Estregan. He was also part of the fantasy series Dyesebel in 2014 with Anne Curtis, Sam Milby, and Gerald Anderson where he played one of the villains, the devious Kanor de la Paz. Geisler was also part the 2nd Batch of Lucky Stars in Kapamilya Deal or No Deal.
Geisler was temporarily detained for physical assault to his neighbor named Raymundo dela Rosa on November 9, 2012. He was released less than 24 hours after a mutual settlement from both parties as the file was withdrawn by dela Rosa. Geisler claimed that the incident was just for self-defense purposes. It was also later found out that Geisler was intoxicated that time.
In mid 2015, Geisler's video of alleged altercation with a bouncer at a bar in Angeles City went viral in social media. Reports say that Geisler got frustrated and challenged the bouncers to a fist fight after being denied entry at the said bar due to alcohol intoxication.
On September 15, 2015 Geisler was involved in a car accident but left unhurt. Geisler's SUV crashes with a 16-wheeler truck in Pasig City before dawn. Geisler was presumably under the influence of alcohol according to early reports. Geisler’s vehicle and the truck were brought to the Pasig City traffic bureau as the investigation continued to determine who was at fault. According to a report from DZMM posted on the ABS-CBN website, the Traffic Division of Pasig City said that Geisler was driving his car after his taping when he got into an accident with the truck. No one was hurt but according to Geisler, his companion during the clash suffered minor injuries.
- Ang TV the Movie: The Adarna Adventure (1996) as Corky
- I Do I Die Diyos Ko Day (1997) as Baron Mendiola
- Haba-baba-doo, puti-puti-poo! (1998) as Baron
- Nagbibinata (1998) as Hans Tolentino
- Oo Na, Mahal Na Kung Mahal (1999) as Ivan
- Tar-San (1999) as Koby
- Daddy-Oh, Baby-Oh (2000) as Mobet
- Anak (2000) as Michael
- Taxi ni Pilo (2001)
- Jologs (2002) as Cher
- Ang Tanging Ina (2003) as Chaos Montecillo
- Ang Huling araw ng Linggo: "Biyernes" (2006) as Bryan
- Wag Kang Lilingon: "Salamin" (2006) as Red
- Durog (2007)
- A Love Story (2007) as Macky
- Supahpapalicious (2008) as Sir Juno
- Jay (2008) as Jay Santiago
- Torotot (2008) as Leo
- Baler (2008) as Capt. Enrique Fossi de las Morenas
- BFF Best Friends Forever (2009)
- Padyak (2009) as Manolo
- Manila (2009) as Jorge
- The Forgotten War (2009)
- Kimmy Dora: Kambal sa Kiyeme (2009) as Harris
- Pangarap Kong Jackpot: Sa Ngalan Ng Busabos (2009)
- Nandito Ako Nagmamahal Sa'Yo (2009) as Prince Suganob
- Maximus & Minimus (2009)
- Noy (2010) as Caloy
- Fling (2010) as Boyfriend 2
- Donor (2010) as Danny
- Cinco: Braso (2010) as Frat. Master Greg
- Captured (2011)
- Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story (2011) as Erning Toothpick
- Pridyider (2012) as Tina's Ex-Boyfriend
- El Presidente (2012)
- Saks Saka (2013)
- Lihis (2013)
- Boy Golden: Shoot to Kill, the Arturo Porcuna Story (2013) as Datu Putla
- Waves (2014) as Ross (co-starring Polish-American model/actress Ilona Struzik)
- Magnum Muslim .357 (2014)
- Maria Labo (2015)
- "Pinoy Big Brother Season 2 :: Housemates". Bb2.pinoybigbrother.com. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "New Kapuso star Baron Geisler hoping to get positive publicity | Showbiz | GMA News Online". Gmanews.tv. 2009-05-16. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Cherry Pie Picache accuses Baron Geisler of groping her | The Feed | SPOT.ph: Your One-Stop Urban Lifestyle Guide to the Best of Manila". SPOT.ph. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- http://beta.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/02/03/11/baron-geisler-enters-rehab-facility[dead link]
- "Onsugar". Mindrelaxingideas.onsugar.com. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Joyce Jimenez. "Baron Geisler reveals bipolar disorder; accuses police authorities of being "one-sided" in investigating brawl with his neighbor | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2014-02-20.