Emma Pidding, Baroness Pidding
The Baroness Pidding
|President of the Northern Ireland Conservatives|
|Assumed office |
|Member of the House of Lords|
|Assumed office |
8 October 2015
|Born||January 13, 1966|
|Political party||Northern Ireland Conservative|
Pidding was educated at Brudenell Secondary School for Girls (now Amersham School), and at Dr Challoner's High School, later becoming a bank clerk in Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
A former Chiltern District Councillor and Chairman of the National Conservative Convention, she was created a Life Peer on 8 October 2015, taking the title Baroness Pidding, of Amersham in the County of Buckinghamshire.
In November 2015, the Conservative Party closed down "Road Trip", an organisation to transport Conservative activists about the country by bus - Pidding was implicated in this process. The Conservative Future Youth Wing was closed as a result.  Conservative Party member, activist and unsuccessful 2010 General Election candidate Mark Clarke's membership was cancelled "for life" on 18 November 2015 amid allegations of sexual assaults, drugs, bullying and the attempted blackmail of a Cabinet Minister, Robert Halfon.
Tabloid newspaper The Daily Mail reported that "newly-ennobled Baroness Pidding, a personal and political ally of Clarke and Chairman of his rebranded Road Trip 2020, also faces questions. She arranged for Clarke to be feted by Cameron in public at the Conservative National Convention in July." Notably, little further coverage of the event exists.
- "Woman from Chalfont St Giles is appointed to the House of Lords". getbucks. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "notice 2415685". The London Gazette.
- "No. 60728". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2013. p. 9.
- "The House of Lords just welcomed a woman linked to a bullying scandal that is tearing the Tory party apart". Business Insider. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Newsnight: Conservative Future leadership stripped of their positions - The Commentator". www.thecommentator.com. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Cabinet Minister in sex blackmail plot:". Mail Online. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Tory women blow the whistle on bully sex pest election guru". Mail Online. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|