Kate Rock, Baroness Rock
Kate Harriet Alexandra Rock, Baroness Rock (born 9 October 1968) is a British Conservative politician and member of the House of Lords. Formerly Vice-Chairman of the Conservative Party with special responsibility for business engagement, she was nominated for a life peerage in August 2015.
Between August 2014 and November 2017, Rock served as non-executive director and as chairman of the Remuneration Committee of Imagination Technologies plc (a FTSE 250 high technology company, which was sold to Canyon Bridge Partners).
She also served as a non-executive director of First News (UK) Ltd, a national newspaper for young children, between 2014 and February 2017.
On 1 September 2018 she joined the Board of Keller Group plc (the world’s largest provider of geotechnical solutions) as an independent non-executive director, serving on the Audit, Nomination, Remuneration and Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Committees.
Between 2015 and 2016 Rock served as Vice-Chairman of the Conservative Party with special responsibility for business engagement.
Between 2017 and 2018 she was a member of the House of Lords Select Committee on Artificial Intelligence and since May 2018 she has served as a member of the House of Lords Select Committee on the Rural Economy.
In November 2018 she was appointed as a founding board member of the Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, an advisory body set up by the UK Government to seek to maximise the benefits of data-enabled technologies, including artificial intelligence.
- "Dissolution Peerages 2015". Gov.uk. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- ‘ROCK, Kate Harriet Alexandra’, Who's Who 2016, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2016
- Keller Group web-site, Non-executive directors, Baroness Kate Rock (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Imagination Technologies Group plc, Annual Report 2017, at page 26
- UK Parliament web-site, Amendments to the Register of Lords’ Interests (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Keller Group website, Non-executive directors, Baroness Kate Rock (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Bloomberg, Executive Profile – Kate Rock (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- "No. 61387". The London Gazette. 21 October 2015. p. 19762.
- St Antony’s College, Annual Report and Financial Statements, Year ended 31 July 2017, at p.8
- UK Parliament web-site, Select Committee on Artificial Intelligence appointed by House of Lords, 29 June 2017
- UK Parliament web-site, Rural Economy Committee – membership (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Stellar new board appointed to lead world-first Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, UK Government press release, 20 November 2018
- Prince’s Trust web-site, Women Supporting Women founding Patrons & Ambassadors (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Dylan Lobo, Axa Architas' Caspar Rock joins Cazenove, City Wire, 4 April 2016
|This article about a British politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|