|Barossa District Council
Location of the Barossa Council in blue
|Population||23,104 (2015 est)|
|• Density||25.333/km2 (65.61/sq mi)|
|Area||912 km2 (352.1 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Bob Sloane |
|Region||Barossa, Light and Lower North|
|Website||Barossa District Council|
It was proclaimed on 1 July 1996 following the amalgamation of the District Council of Angaston, the District Council of Barossa and the District Council of Tanunda. It also gained a portion of the former District Council of Mount Pleasant on 1 July 1997.
Townships in the council area include
- Eden Valley
- Mount Pleasant
- Brian Hurn was mayor from 1996 to 2014
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2014–15". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Your Elected Members". Barossa Council. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Barossa, Light and Lower North SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (30 March 2010). "Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2008–09". Archived from the original on 5 June 2010. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "About Council Fact Sheet" (PDF). Barossa Council. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|