Barrackpore Police Commissionerate
|Barrackpore Police Commissionerate|
ব্যারাকপুর পুলিশ কমিশনারেট
|Common name||Barrackpore City Police |
ব্যারাকপুর শহর পুলিশ
|Abbreviation||BKPC / BPC|
|Motto||Courage Care Commitment|
(Bengali: সাহস সতর্কতা প্রতিজ্ঞাবদ্ধ)
|Formed||20 January, 2012|
|Employees||Commissioner of Police |
Additional Deputy Commissioners
Assistant Sub Inspectors
|Operations jurisdiction||Roughly Barrackpore subdivision, IN|
|Size||269.5 km2 (104.1 sq mi) |
|Governing body||Government of West Bengal|
|Headquarters||Barrackpore, West Bengal, India|
|Elected officer responsible|
|Parent agency||West Bengal Police|
Barrackpore Police Commissionerate or Barrackpore City Police, established on 20 January 2012, is a city police force with primary responsibilities in law enforcement and investigation within the area which roughly constitutes the Barrackpore subdivision, and is located within the northern part of Kolkata metropolitan area. The Commissionerate is part of the West Bengal Police, and is under the administrative control of Home Ministry of West Bengal. It was formed after bifurcation of the North 24 Parganas Police District, and has 12 police stations under its jurisdiction. Sanjoy Mukherjee was appointed as the first Commissioner of the Barrackpore Police Commissionerate.
Structure and jurisdiction
The police commissionerate is situated at Barrackpore, and is divided into two divisions – Barrackpore and Belghoria. The commissionerate is responsible for law enforcement over an area of 297 square kilometres (115 sq mi) area with 12 police stations under it. The commissionerate is headed by the Commissioner of Police, who is an Indian Police Service officer in the rank of Inspector-General of Police (IGP). The commissioner is assisted by a joint commissioner. There are two deputy commissioners for the two divisions. Other departments, including the detective department and the traffic wing are headed by Additional deputy commissioners, who are in the rank of deputy superintendent of police. The police stations are headed by an Inspector.
- "BKPC history", Barrackpore PC
- "Posting details of IPS officers of West Bengal Cadre as on 25.10.2018" (PDF), West Bengal Police
- "Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate & Barrackpore Police Commissionerate". West Bengal Police, Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 31 January 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Present post held by IPS officers as on 01.02.2012" (PDF). West Bengal Police. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 February 2010. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Force for northern fringes". The Telegraph. 18 January 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "West Bengal Police". policewb.gov.in. Retrieved 2015-06-17.