Barrah bint Abdul Uzza
|Barrah bint Abdul Uzza|
|Known for||Maternal grandmother of the Islamic prophet Muhammad|
|Spouse(s)||Wahb ibn 'Abd Manaf|
|Children||Aminah bint Wahb|
|Parent(s)||Abdul Uzza ibn Uthman (Banu Abd ad-Dar)
Umm Habib bint Asad
|Relatives||Halah bint Wahb (niece)|
The mother of Barrah was Um Habib bint Asad ibn Abd-al-Uzza ibn Qusai ibn Kilab and her father was Abdul Uzza ibn Othman ibn Abd-al-Dar ibn Qusai. Therefore, Barrah's mother and father were second cousins. Moreover, Barra was a cousin of Khadija (first wife of the Prophet Muhammad) since her mother, Um Habib, was a sister of Khadija's father, Khuwaylid ibn Asad. Furthermore, the mother of Um Habib was Barrah bint Awf ibn Abid ibn Awij ibn Adiy ibn Ka'ab ibn Lu'ay ibn Ghalib; this was the maternal grandmother of Barrah bint Abdul Uzza.
- al-Tabari, Muhammad ibn Jarir (2015). History of al-Tabari: Muhammad at Mecca. 6. SUNY Press. p. 6.
- Gibb, Hamilton Alexander Rosskeen (1967). The Encyclopaedia of Islam. 1. Brill. p. 438.
- Ibn Sa'd, Muhammad (1967). Kitab Al-tabaqat Al-Kabir. 1. Pakistan Historical Society. p. 54.
- Sonbol, Amira (2012). Gulf Women. A&C Black.
- Maqsood, Ruqaiyyah Waris. "The Prophet’s Family Line No 6 - Abdullah, and the Birth of the Prophet". Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood Dawah. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- al-Tabari, Muhammad ibn Jarir (2015). History of al-Tabari: Muhammad at Mecca. 6. SUNY Press.
- Ibn Ishaq, Muhammad. The Life of Muhammad. Oxford University Press.
- Ibn Hisham's Prophet Muhammad's biography (Arabic)
|This Islam-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|