Barranquilla Colombia Temple
|Barranquilla Colombia Temple|
|Announcement||1 October 2011|
|Groundbreaking||20 February 2016 by
Juan A. Uceda
|Official website • News & images|
The Barranquilla Colombia Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) under construction in Barranquilla, Colombia. The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 1, 2011. The temple was announced concurrently with the Durban South Africa, Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo, Star Valley Wyoming, and Provo City Center temples. When announced, this increased the total number of temples worldwide to 166 and, along with the temple in Bogotá, will become the second in Colombia.
The temple will be located in the metropolitan area of Barranquilla, in the oceanside community of Puerto Colombia across from Colegio Alemán, approximately two kilometers west of Barranquilla. A groundbreaking ceremony, to signify the beginning of construction, took place on 20 February 2016, with Juan A. Uceda presiding.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Colombia
- Official LDS Barranquilla Colombia Temple page
- Barranquilla Colombia Temple page
- Mormons to build temple in Barranquilla, Colombia, Colombia news
- "Ground Broken for Second Colombia Temple", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-02-20
- Walker, Joseph (1 October 2011). "LDS general conference opens with the announcement of six new Mormon temples". Deseret News. Salt Lake City. Retrieved 1 October 2011..
- "Mormon church president announces plans for new temples in Utah, Wyoming, Colombia, Africa". Washington Post. AP. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011..
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|