Barren Lands First Nation
Barren Lands First Nation is a First Nation located on the north shore of Reindeer Lake in northern Manitoba close to the Saskatchewan border. It has one territory called Brochet 197 which is 4339.40 hectares in size and adjoins the village of Brochet, Manitoba.
The population of Brochet 197 in 2011 was 547 a 78.8% increase from the 2006 population of 306. The median age was 20.9.
As of February 2013 the total membership of Barren Lands First Nation was 1,075 with 455 members living on-reserve or on crown land and 620 members living off-reserve.
The First Nation is governed by a Chief and three councillors  and is affiliated with the Keewatin Tribal Council. The Keewatin Tribal Council with its head office in Thompson represents eleven First Nations in Northern Manitoba.
- "AANDC 'First Nation Profile'(Barren Lands)". Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Canada Census 2011 Community Profile". Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "Corrections and updates: Population and dwelling count amendments, 2011 Census". Statistics Canada. February 14, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "Keewatin Tribal Council Website". Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Barren Lands First Nation
- Map of Brochet 197 at Statcan
|This Manitoba location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This First Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|