Barren Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.15 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||20.96 sq mi (54.3 km2)|
|• Water||15.19 sq mi (39.3 km2) 42.02%|
|Elevation||427 ft (130 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||23.7/sq mi (9.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62812, 62884, 62897
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.15 square miles (93.6 km2), of which 20.96 square miles (54.3 km2) (or 57.98%) is land and 15.19 square miles (39.3 km2) (or 42.02%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Sesser (east edge)
The township contains Hammond Cemetery.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Sesser-Valier Community Unit School District 196
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Barren Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Elk Prairie Township, Jefferson County (north)
- Spring Garden Township, Jefferson County (northeast)
- Ewing Township (east)
- Benton Township (southeast)
- Browning Township (south)
- Tyrone Township (southwest)
- Goode Township (west)
- Bald Hill Township, Jefferson County (northwest)