Barrie Craig, Confidential Investigator
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Written by||Richard Leonard|
|Directed by||Himan Brown|
Andrew C. Love
Detective Barrie Craig (William Gargan) worked alone from his Madison Avenue office. Unlike his contemporaries Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe, Craig had a laid-back personality, somewhat cutting against the popular hard-boiled detective stereotype. Others in the cast included Ralph Bell, Elspeth Eric, Parker Fennelly, Santos Ortega, Arnold Moss, Parley Baer, Virginia Gregg and Betty Lou Gerson.
A few years earlier Gargan had played a similar character in Martin Kane, Private Eye.
- Dunning, John (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio (Revised ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press. p. 74. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3. Retrieved 2020-01-03.
Barrie Craig, Confidential Investigator, detective drama.
- Alicoate, Jack, Ed. (1952). The 1952 Radio Annual. Radio Daily Corp. p. 842.
- III, Harris M. Lentz (2015). Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2014. McFarland. p. 267. ISBN 978-1476619613. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Air-casters" (PDF). Broadcasting. March 24, 1952. Retrieved 24 August 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Radio Lovers: Barrie Craig, Confidential Investigator
- 59 episodes of Barrie Craig, Confidential Investigator from Internet Archive