Barrie South GO Station
|Location||833 Yonge Street, Barrie
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Bus stands||5 bus bays|
|Structure type||Brick station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: BSGO|
|Opened||17 December 2007|
Barrie South GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. It is served by the Barrie line which began operating on December 17, 2007, with the first morning train leaving the station at 05:43 that day. Construction of the station had begun in June 2007.
The station's opening restored GO train service to Barrie, which had been eliminated in the 1990s. Barrie Transit buses provide public transit access to the rest of the city. As of January 2012, the station is used by about 700 passengers per day, up from 350 at the time of its opening.
The Barrie line has a weekday service consisting of five trains southbound from Barrie Allandale Waterfront station to Toronto Union station in the morning, and seven trains northbound from Union Station to Allandale in the afternoon.
Weekend service is also provided in both directions during summer months. Since 2013, the summer service has consisted of 4 trains in each direction between Allandale Waterfront Station and Union Station.
- 4A East Bayfield terminus to Georgian Mall
- 4B South GO terminus from Georgian Mall
- 8B NB Crosstown
- 8A SB Yonge
- 68 southbound to Newmarket Bus Terminal
- 68B southbound to East Gwillimbury GO Station
- 68C southbound to Aurora GO Station
- 68, 68B, 68C northbound to Barrie Bus Terminal
- "New GO stations". GO Transit. Archived from the original on 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2007-11-02.
- "GO TRANSIT EXTENDS RAIL SERVICE TO THE CITY OF BARRIE". Transport Canada. 2007-12-16. Archived from the original on 18 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-17.
- "Bradford Line - Barrie South GO Station". GO Transit. Retrieved 2007-07-20.[dead link]
- McInroy, Ian (21 January 2012). "New GO station is ready to go". Barrie Examiner. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Blenkhorn, Leigh (18 December 2008). "A 'wonderful' year for GO user". Barrie Advance. Archived from the original on 2008-12-21. Retrieved 2008-12-30.
- "Barrie Line Seasonal Schedule" (PDF). GO Transit. Retrieved 2013-06-06.
- Media related to Barrie South GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Barrie South GO Station
|This article about a railway station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|