This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
October 11, 2010 cover of Barron's
|Founder||Clarence W. Barron|
|Company||Dow Jones & Company (News Corp)|
|Based in||New York City|
Barron's is an American weekly newspaper published by Dow Jones & Company, a property of News Corp. It was founded in 1921 by Clarence Barron, and covers US financial information, market developments, and relevant statistics. Each issue provides a summary of the previous week's market activity as well as news reports and an informative outlook on the week to come.
Barron's has two sections:
- "Market Week" – coverage of the previous week's market activity
- "The Wrap" – analysis and outlook columns
- Barron's Roundtable (annual) – Features noted investors such as Bill Gross, Mario Gabelli, Abby Joseph Cohen, Felix Zulauf, Marc Faber.
- Barron's Special Report Best Online Brokers (annual) Features a ranking of the top online trading brokerage firms. Criteria included Trading Experience and Technology, Usability, Mobile, Range of Offerings, Research Amenities, Portfolio Analysis & Report, Customer Service & Education, and Costs.
The paper has been published by Dow Jones & Company since 1921. The magazine is named after Clarence W. Barron, one of the most influential figures in the history of Dow Jones, and is considered the founder of modern financial journalism. Dow Jones also publishes The Wall Street Journal. In 1990 color was introduced to the magazine and full color in January 1996. Barron's introduced a two-section version of the paper on March 7, 1994. In 1996 Barrons.com was launched as part of WSJ.com and relaunched as a standalone product in January 2006. Barron's held its first Financial Advisor conference in 2005. In September 2008 Barron's acquired the Winner’s Circle Organization. September 2009 Barron's launched Penta as a new section. The section targets "pentamillionaires", individuals with at least $5 million in assets, with financial advice.
- "Alliance for Audited Media Snapshot Report - 6/30/2013". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2013. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
- "Barron's Roundtable - 10 Investment Experts Make Stock Picks And Predictions - Barrons.com". Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- Carey, Theresa. "Cut the Cord". Barron’s 2012 Best Online Brokers. Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- "Best of Best Meet at Barron's Winner's Circle Conference for Financial Advisors; Barron's First-Ever Event Yields Insights into Industry Best Practices". 6 December 2005. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Barron's acquires Winner's Circle". Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- Dow Jones & Company. "Barron's Magazine to Launch New Section Providing Trusted Advice for Pentamillionaires". GlobeNewswire News Room (Press release). Retrieved 28 May 2015.