Barron G. Collier High School
|Barron G. Collier High School|
|Naples, FL 34109|
|Type||Public secondary school|
|Motto||"All Students Can Learn"|
|School district||Collier County Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Grey|
The school opened its doors to the first wave of students in 1978 as the third high school in the area, with the first senior class graduating in Spring 1979. It has enjoyed a rich history in the last 35 years, becoming a second home to many.
- 1978-1996 Paul Manley
- 1996-1998 Toni Eubank
- 1998-2004 Raymond Baker - Former Superintendent
- 2004-2007 Ron Miller
- 2007-2008 Gary Brown
- 2008-2013 Tim Kutz
- 2013–2015 Tammy Caraker
- 2015–present Jose Hernandez
Barron Collier High School is one of the seven members of the Collier County Athletic Conference. The school's official list of sports is separated by season. In 2012 and 2013, both the men and women's tennis teams won the state title. In 2006 and 2008, the Barron Collier Cougars Varsity Girls Basketball won the Class 5A state championship. The main athletic crosstown rivals are Naples High School, Lely High School, and Gulf Coast High School.
- Varsity Football
- Varsity Golf
- Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Varsity Swimming and Diving
- Girls Varsity Volleyball
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Varsity Baseball
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Track and Field
- Concert Chorus
- Bel Canto
- Vocal Ensemble
- Men's Choir
- Honor Choir
- Marching Band
- (Drum line, weapon line, majorettes, flag line and dance team)
- Wind Ensemble
- Symphonic Band
- Concert Band
- Jazz Band
- Winter Guard- Weapon Line and Flag Line
- Dance Team/ Dance Line
- String Orchestra
- Chamber Orchestra
Barron G. Collier High School is home to many different extracurricular clubs. An accurate, up-to-date list is difficult to keep, as clubs are added and dropped as students graduate or lose interest. However, some of the notable clubs are:
- JROTC (including Drill Team, Raiders Team, Rifle Team, Color Guard, Honor Guard)
- Key Club
- Model United Nations
- National Honor Society
- Spanish Honor Society
- Ranked as an 'A' school based on FCAT scores
- Boys Tennis State Champions: 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013
- Girls Basketball State Champions: 2006 and 2008
- Wrestling State Champions: 1994
- Football District Champions: 1995, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Basketball District Champions: 1999, 2011
- Haley Bennett - Actress
- Courtney Hansen - Actress, television personality, syndicated columnist, and model.
- Anthony Herrera - Professional football player with the Minnesota Vikings
- Jeff Heuerman- Denver Broncos Tight End
- Chris Resop - Pitcher with the Pittsburgh Pirates of Major League Baseball
- Bjorn Fratangelo, online student
- "Administration & Guidance". Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Lewis, Katherine (12 May 2006). "BCHS makes Newsweek list of top U.S. high schools". Naples Daily News. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
- "Sports Schedules". Archived from the original on October 2, 2006. Retrieved November 8, 2006.
- Adam Fisher (1 April 2013). "Prep tennis: Barron Collier sweeps boys, girls state titles". Naples Daily News.
- Busch, Angela (28 February 2008). "Barron Collier celebrates its girls basketball, individual wrestling titles". Naples Daily News. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- Lewis, Katherine (8 July 2008). "Most Collier schools make good grades on state’s report card". Marco Eagle. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- "Biography". A Rare Reflection, the official home of Haley Bennett. Archived from the original on 2008-07-10. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- Kipling, Kay (November 2004). "Driving Ambition". Gulfshore Life. Archived from the original on October 30, 2006. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- "Anthony Herrera: Player Profile". National Football League. Archived from the original on 19 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-23.
- "Chris Resop: Player Profile". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-07-11.