Barry A. Love
|Barry A. Love, M.D.|
|Education||University of Toronto
University of Western Ontario
|Institutions||Mount Sinai Medical Center|
|Specialism||pediatric heart problems|
Love is currently Director of the Congenital Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Director of the Pediatric Electrophysiology Service at the Mount Sinai Medical Center and Assistant Professor of both Pediatrics and Cardiology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, both in New York City. He specializes in pediatric interventional catheterization, electrophysiology and arrhythmia and syncope.
Love is the author of 3 book chapters and 20 peer-reviewed publications and was listed in Castle Connolly's Top Doctors from 2009 to 2011 and among New York's Super Doctors from 2008 to 2011. He lectures and teaches nationally and internationally about cardiac interventions.
Love studied immunology and microbiology at the University of Toronto and graduated medical school cum laude at the University of Western Ontario in 1993. He completed a residency in pediatrics at the Montreal Children's Hospital, McGill University in 1996, and a fellowship at Children's Hospital Boston (Harvard University) in 2000.
Love served as Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Cardiology at Montreal Children's Hospital from 2000 to 2002. In 2003, he joined the Mount Sinai Medical Center as Assistant Professor of both Pediatrics and Cardiology and Director of the Congenital Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Director of the Pediatric Electrophysiology Service. He carries additional hospital appointments at Englewood Hospital and Hackensack University Medical Center, both in New Jersey.
Honors and appointments
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, 2009–2011
- New York Super Doctors, 2008–2011
- Mount Sinai Independent Practice Association Board Member 2008–present
- PULSE Newsletter editorial board, 2007–present
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Executive Committee, 2004–present
|NMT Medical||Primary Investigator||CLOSURE I Trial. Prospective, multi-center, randomized controlled trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the STARFlex® septal closure system versus best medical therapy in patients with a stroke and/or transient ischemic attack (TIA) due to presumed paradoxical embolism through a patent foramen ovale (PFO).|
|AGA Medical||Primary Investigator||PREMIUM Trial. Prospective Randomized Investigation to Evaluate Incidence of Headache Reduction in Subjects with Migraine and PFO Using the AMPLATZER PFO Occluder Compared to Medical Management.|
|AGA Medical||Primary Investigator||Amplatzer Duct Occluder II study (ADO II).|
- Love BA. Aortopulmonary Septal Defect in eMedicine Pediatrics 2001. Revised 2009.
- Love BA. Patent Foramen Ovale in eMedicine Pediatrics 2001. Revised 2009.
- Love BA. Congenital Heart Disease in Comprehensive Pediatric Hospital Medicine. Zaoutis LB, Chiang VW. 2007. ISBN 0-323-03004-1
- Singh SM, Neuzil P, Skoka J, Kriz R, Popelova J, Love BA, Mittnacht AJ, Reddy VY. Percutaneous Trans-Hepatic Venous Access for Catheter Ablation Procedures in Patients with Interruption of the Inferior Vena Cava. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2011 Jan 26. doi:10.1161/CIRCEP.110.960856 PMID 21270102
- Love BA, Whang B, Filsoufi F.J. Thorac Perventricular device closure of post-myocardial infarction ventricular septal defect on the beating heart. Cardiovasc Surg. 2011 Jan 17. doi:10.1016/j.jtcvs.2010.10.039 PMID 21247590
- Love BA, Nielsen J, Chinitz J, Filsoufi F. Transcatheter closure of recurrent postmyocardial infarction ventricular septal defect facilitated by percutaneous left ventricle access. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010 Autumn;22(3):259-61. doi:10.1053/j.semtcvs.2010.10.003 PMID 21167463
- Love BA, Fischer GW, Mittnacht A, Kalman J, Adams DH. Transcatheter repair of perivalvular regurgitation. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2010 Mar;14(1):68-72. doi:10.1177/1089253210364064 PMID 20472633
- Love BA, Parness IA, Fuster V. Membranous septal aneurysm causing right ventricular outflow tract obstruction" Clin Cardiol. 2009 Dec;32(12):E87. No abstract available. doi:10.1002/clc.20661 PMID 20014190
- Sasaki N, Joashi UC, Vergara M, Saland JM, Love BA. Postrenal biopsy AVM leading to severe hypertension and dilated cardiomyopathy. Pediatr Nephrol. 2009 Dec;24(12):2459-62. Epub 2009 Aug 4. doi:10.1007/s00467-009-1268-9 PMID 19653009
- Love BA, Mehta D, Fuster VF. Evaluation and management of the adult patient with transposition of the great arteries following atrial-level (Senning or Mustard) repair. Medscape. Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2008 Aug;5(8):454-67. Epub 2008 Jul 1. doi:10.1038/ncpcardio1252 PMID 18594551
- Tabori NE, Love BA. Transcatheter occlusion of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations using the Amplatzer Vascular Plug II. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2008 Jun 1;71(7):940-3. doi:10.1002/ccd.21474 PMID 18412268
- Chaudhari PR, Abergel J, Warner RR, Zacks J, Love BA, Halperin JL, Adler E. Percutaneous closure of a patent foramen ovale in left-sided carcinoid heart disease. Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2007 Aug;4(8):455-9. doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0944 PMID 17653118
- Dable BK, Love BA, Battaglia TM, Booksh KS, Lilley MD, Marquardt BJ. Characterization and quantitation of a tertiary mixture of salts by Raman spectroscopy in simulated hydrothermal vent fluid. Appl Spectrosc. 2006 Jul;60(7):773-80. doi:10.1366/000370206777887125 PMID 16854265
- Bar-Cohen Y, Walsh EP, Love BA, Cecchin F. First appropriate use of automated external defibrillator in an infant" Resuscitation 2005 Oct;67(1):135-7. doi:10.1016/j.resuscitation.2005.05.003 PMID 16146668
- Marshall AC, Love BA, Lang P, Jonas RA, del Nido PJ, Mayer JE, Lock JE. Staged repair of tetralogy of Fallot and diminutive pulmonary arteries with a fenestrated ventricular septal defect patch. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003 Nov;126(5):1427-33. doi:10.1016/S0022 PMID 14666015
- Katie Charles (January 20, 2011). "Congenital heart problems can be spotted even before birth". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Mount Sinai School of Medicine - Barry A. Love". Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "A case of symptomatic coronary artery fistula". Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine. 3: 689–692. doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0709. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Gregory M. Hirsch Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center". Archived from the original on January 27, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Castle Connolly Medical Ltd". Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Super Doctors". Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Hackensack University Medical Center". Archived from the original on December 15, 2010. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)