Barry C. Smith
Barry C. Smith is a British philosopher and Director of the Institute of Philosophy at the Institute of Advanced Studies at University of London. He also co-directs the Centre for the Study of the Senses. He has previously been a Visiting Professor at the University of California at Berkeley and at the École Normale Supérieure, and was the writer and presenter of the BBC World Service radio series, The Mysteries of the Brain. He has also done several interviews with Philosophy Bites.
- Understanding Language, Proc. Aristotelian Society, 1992.
- Knowing Our Own Minds, edited with Crispin Wright and Cynthia Macdonald, (Oxford) 1998.
- Handbook in Philosophy of Language, ed. with E. Lepore, (Oxford University Press) 2006.
- Realism and Anti-Realism: An Enquiry into meaning, truth and objectivity, (Polity) 2006.
- Questions of Taste - The Philosophy of Wine (Oxford University Press) 2009.
|This article about a philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|