Barry Habib (born January 15, 1960) is an American entrepreneur, mortgage industry executive, bestselling author, and founder and CEO of MBS Highway. Barry is also a well known professional speaker and TV commentator on the Mortgage and Real Estate markets.
Habib is a General Partner and Lead producer of Rock of Ages, which ran for 6 years on Broadway; the 27th longest running show in Broadway history.
Barry created MBS Highway to help interpret and forecast activity in the mortgage rate and bond markets. Habib previously founded, built and sold several successful businesses including Mortgage Market Guide. CMPS, Certified Mortgage Associates, and Healthcare Imaging Solutions.
Barry is an Amazon #1 bestselling author for his book, Money in the Streets, a never-ending testament of how overpowering negative forces leads to living our greatest potential. As Tony Robbins has said, "Barry has taught and inspired many people as a speaker, and now in his new book, he's able to reach and positively influence the lives of many more."
Habib began his career as a loan originator in 1986 and founded Certified Mortgage Associates in 1989, a mortgage provider in Monmouth County, NJ. Barry was recognized as the Nations top mortgage loan originator in 1992. During his career, Barry closed over $2 billion in personal production.
Habib founded The Mortgage Market Guide in 2001, a product designed to help loan originators to more accurately anticipate market trends through analysis of industry, the bond market, and Japanese Candlestick Charts, a 300-year-old market indicator. United Communications Group (UCG), a provider of business information, tools and guidance for two million professionals worldwide acquired MMG in 2006.
In 2008, he merged The Mortgage Market Guide with two other mortgage industry information providers – Loan Tool Box and The Duncan Group to act as Chairman of the Board of Mortgage Success Source (MSS). Habib founded and created CMPS (Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist) in 2005 and transferred his interest in 2007.
In 2012 Barry founded MBS Highway to provide support for loan originators and real estate professionals through their website.
Habib works as a professional speaker on financial markets, housing, negotiation, technical trading analysis, sales training, building relationships and motivation. He has managed a hedge fund, authored a stock advisory newsletter, owned an insurance agency, and acted as managing partner in a real estate investment company.
Entertainment industry career
Habib was the largest investor in Rock of Ages – a musical theatre production running on Broadway and Internationally. The show received five 2009 Tony Award nominations, including Best Musical and Best Performance by a Lead Actor in a Musical, and an Outer Critics Circle Nomination and Drama League Nomination.
He had an acting role and executive producer credit in four films released between 2009-2013.
Awards and Achievements
- 2017 - Zillow and Pulsenomics Crystal Ball Award for the most accurate real estate forecaster
- 2019 - Zillow and Pulsenomics Crystal Ball Award for the most accurate real estate forecaster
- 2019 - National Mortgage Professional Magazine's Mortgage Professional of the year
- 2020 - Zillow and Pulsenomics Crystal Ball Award for the most accurate real estate forecaster
- 2021 - The St. Armand Ventures Businessman of the Year Award
- 2021 - Mortgage Global 100
Barry's #1 Amazon bestselling book, Money in the Streets, is more than one man’s journey in hard-knocks New York. It’s more than the recounting of risking it all to win. Told with heart and laced with the sentiment of tremendous gratitude, Barry Habib deftly weaves tales of his upbringing to take the reader back in time.
Of particular note are the mindset tactics in Money in the Streets that are road-tested and personal practices of Habib, who treats each day as a reason to be thankful. No matter the struggle, whether self-doubt, negativity, loss, stress, or being “stuck” in life, Money in the Streets is a resolution roadmap. An easy read that will play on the reader’s every emotion, this standout work and Habib’s voice are unforgettable. He writes as if you are the only person in the room…because to Habib, you are.
He is a music enthusiast, and currently sings in The Rock Of Ages Band with Constantine Maroulis.
- "Habib Joins CTX Mortgage". Broker Magazine. April 1, 2004.
- "GMAC Trainer Offers Tips on How to Stay Competitive". Origination News. October 1, 2002.
- "Acquisition of Mortgage Market Guide". United Communications Group. June 2007. Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-03-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Mortgage Expert Barry Habib and Attorney Robert Muñoz Join Trinity Financial Advisory Board" (PDF). Trinity Financial. 2011-02-10. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2011-03-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "L.A.'s 'Rock of Ages' rocks Tony nominations". LA Times. 2009-05-05. Retrieved 2011-03-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)