Barry James is a stage actor and singer.
His stage roles include:
- Seymour in the first West End production of Little Shop of Horrors at the Comedy Theatre
- as Otto Kringelein in "Grand Hotel" at the Dominion Theatre' 1992
- Beadle Bamford in the 1994 National Theatre production of Sondheim's Sweeney Todd
- Cogsworth in the first West End production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast at the Dominion Theatre (a role he reprised in the UK Tour of the show)
- Mr. Bumble in the London Palladium production of Lionel Bart's Oliver!
- Ladislav Sipos in "She Loves Me" at the Savoy Theatre London in 1994/95
- Thenardier in the London production of Les Misérables at the Palace Theatre and Queen's Theatre
- Mr. Mushnik in the 2008 London revival of Little Shop of Horrors at the Menier Chocolate Factory.
- Monsieur Firmin in The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre, London
- Grandpa Joe in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane
James can be heard on cast recordings of Beauty and the Beast, My Fair Lady, "She Loves Me" and two Bernard J. Taylor musicals - Nosferatu the Vampire (in which he created the role of "Renfeld"), Much Ado in which he created the role of Leonato, and Monsieur Firmin in The Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary Concert. He is also Thenardier in the 1988 symphonic cast recording of Les Misérables.
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall Blu-ray/DVD and cast recording
- Larkin, Colin; John Martland (1999). The Virgin Encyclopedia of Stage and Film Musicals, London: Virgin in association with Muze UK Ltd. ISBN 0-7535-0375-1.
- Guide to Musical Theatre
- Playbill News