|Date of birth||27 October 1989|
|Place of birth||Tiel, Netherlands|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|FC Den Bosch|
|2006–2008||FC Den Bosch||66||(6)|
|2013–2015||FC Den Bosch||66||(9)|
|2005||Republic of Ireland U16||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 September 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 May 2015 (UTC)
Maguire started to play football at amateur club Theole, in his native town of Tiel. Here he was scouted by FC Den Bosch. At the age of 16, he joined FC Den Bosch's first squad. He moved on to FC Utrecht in 2008.
Maguire represented the Republic of Ireland Under-16 and the Netherlands Under-19 teams, since his father is Irish, Maguire can still represent either the Netherlands and the Republic of Ireland at senior competitive level.
On 27 January 2009, Barry Maguire was called up to the Republic of Ireland Under 21 squad for the first time, but he rejected the invitation the following day. In September 2010 he declared himself eager to represent Ireland.
- "Dutch ace Maguire is keen to go Green". Evening Herald. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- Barry Maguire nieuwe aanwinst TEC‚ stadtiel.nl, 10 January 2017
- Irish must play green card Irish Independent, 16 July 2008
- FC Utrecht 4 - 0 Celtic (agg 4 - 2) BBC Sport, 26 August 2010
- Karlsen, Pål Andre (28 July 2015). "Maguire klar for Sarpsborg 08". Sarpsborg Arbeiderblad (in Norwegian). p. 25.
- "Givens names strong squad for U-21 friendly v Germany". Football Association of Ireland. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2009.
- "Maguire wijst Ierland af". De Telegraaf. 29 January 2009. Archived from the original on 31 January 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2009.
|This biographical article relating to Dutch football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|