Barry Morgan (musician)
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Barry Morgan was born in London, England in November, 1944. He played drums on the British merchant fleet cruise ships in the early 1960s, and later for singer Tom Jones for some ten years. Barry and his wife owned and operated the Arena Theater in Houston."
AllMusic lists 185 credits between 1964 and 2012.
- 1971: Bass Guitar and Percussion, Volume 1. Volume 2.
- 1979: Percussion Spectrum - Barry Morgan and Ray Cooper
- 1983: Patterns In Rhythm
- With The Walker Brothers
- With David Bowie
- Candles in the Rain (Melanie)
- Izitso (Cat Stevens)
- All This and World War II
- Cinema (Elaine Paige)
- Son of Schmilsson (Harry Nilsson)
- Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds
- At the End of a Perfect Day (Chris de Burgh)
- A Possible Projection of the Future / Childhood's End
- Greatest Love Classics
- Amours des feintes
- The Mouse and the Mask
- In Hoagland
His son Brett also became a renowned session drummer. Amongst others, he has worked with George Harrison, Sting, Elton John, Cliff Richard, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Freddie Mercury, Greg Lake and Joni Mitchell.
- Barry Morgan R.I.P., www.thewaroftheworlds.com
- Morgan Studios - A History Archived 2013-06-01 at the Wayback Machine., www.philsbook.com
- Interview with Barry Morgan[permanent dead link], January 1995, davecatney.org
- Credits, www.allmusic.com
- Bass Guitar And Percussion, www.discogs.com
- Bass Guitar And Percussion, Volume 2, www.discogs.com
- Percussion Spectrum, www.discogs.com
- Patterns In Rhythm, www.discogs.com
- The Greg Lake Band, www.greglake.com
Brett Morgan bio, www.greglake.com
Brett Morgan Interview, www.greglake.com