|Born||County Donegal, Ireland|
|Occupation||Broadcaster, producer, politician|
|Employer||Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ)|
|Political party||Fine Gael|
|Spouse(s)||Lorraine McCabe (m. 2011)|
|Relatives||Shane, Eoghan Ruadh, Louise O' Neill|
Barry O'Neill is an Irish sports broadcaster, producer and politician from County Donegal. He can be heard on Sunday Sport on RTÉ Radio 1. He regularly presents bulletins on RTÉ Radio 1 and RTÉ 2fm. He is a Fine Gael member of Donegal County Council. He ran for the party in the 2010 Donegal South-West by-election but lost to Pearse Doherty. Because of his involvement with both RTÉ and Fine Gael he has drawn comparisons with George Lee.
O'Neill married Lorraine McCabe on 30 December 2011. Their January 2012 honeymoon in Europe attracted attention when controversial pictures of McCabe giving a Nazi salutes beside wax sculptures of Adolf Hitler and others were posted on Facebook. Sinn Féin TD Pádraig Mac Lochlainn defended O'Neill, saying: "I think in my view, it's intended to be a bit of fun. It's very clumsy and he's apologised for any offence caused so I think it's one of those unfortunate... we all make mistakes."
- "O'Neill is "no George Lee" says veteran TD". Donegal Democrat. 11 February 2011. Archived from the original on 9 March 2015. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Barry O'Neill". RTÉ Radio. Archived from the original on 17 October 2010.
- Purcell, Emmet (9 January 2012). "Photo of Fine Gael councillor's wife using Nazi salute draws Facebook flak". JOE.ie. Archived from the original on 9 March 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Harkin, Greg (9 January 2012). "Jewish community calls for RTÉ producer and wife to apologise". Evening Herald. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Fine Gael councillor and new wife criticised over Hitler Nazi salute". Donegal Daily. 8 January 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2012.