Roche with Nottingham Forest in 2002
|Full name||Barry Christopher Roche|
|Date of birth||6 April 1982|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|1999||Republic of Ireland U17||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:39, 23 January 2017 (UTC).
Born in Dublin, Roche played at Leeds United, before following Paul Hart to Nottingham Forest. He made his debut for Forest on 28 August 2000 as a substitute in a 3–2 win at Crystal Palace in the Football League First Division, saving a late twice-taken penalty kick. During his time at the club he was mainly an understudy to Darren Ward and Paul Gerrard and made just 10 first team starts. He was released at the end of the 2004–05 season.
Roche signed for Chesterfield on 26 July 2005 after an impressive trial at the club. He established himself as the club's first choice goalkeeper, although he briefly lost his place due to a dip in form during the 2006–07 season. In May 2007 he signed a new two-year contract with Chesterfield, who had just been relegated from League One.
In June 2008 Chesterfield allowed Roche to move to fellow League Two side Morecambe despite him having another year remaining on his contract. He signed a two-year contract with his new club. Roche kept his first clean sheet for Morecambe in their 1–0 win over Shrewsbury Town on 6 September 2008. He has since made a name for himself with the Morecambe faithful with some inspired performances and has won their Player of the Season twice. In 2010, he was appointed Morecambe FC club captain. On 21 January 2012, Roche signed a new contract that keeps him until June 2014.
On 3 May 2014, Roche signed a new contract at the Shrimps which will keep him until June 2016.
Morecambe Player of the Year 2008–09, 2009–10
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Wilkerson, Ian (2 March 2006). "Roche building on second chance". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation.
- "Fulham sink Norwich City with late goal". New Straits Times. Kuala Lumpur. Reuters. 30 August 2000. p. 35. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Roche signs new Chesterfield deal". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 21 May 2007.
- "Roche quits Spireites for Shrimps". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 19 June 2008.
- "Roche signs new Shrimpers deal". Sky Sports. British Sky Broadcasting. 21 January 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Roche signs new deal". morecambefc.com. Morecambe F.C. 3 May 2014.
- "Barry Roche scores for the first time in 492 career appearances". BBC Sport. 2 Feb 2016.