|Known for||Founder of Liberty Electric Cars|
With a background in marketing, Shrier worked on projects for Unilever, Guinness, Procter and Gamble, Mars and Nestle, applying cognitive psychology to understand consumer behaviour. In 2001 Shrier was hired by Paybox founder Mathias Entenmann into Deutsche Bank, as one of the Marketing Directors for the international mobile payment system that DB was funding the roll-out of. In October 2003 Shrier founded Liberty Europe Wireless Networks, providing wireless broadband telecommunications services. In 2006, Shrier became a Non-Executive Director of Washington DC-based satellite venture Leo Terra, a company launching low-orbit satellites to deliver global mobile broadband services.
In 2007, Shrier began working in environmental protection and climate change, founding Liberty Electric Cars. Shrier co-invented and patented zero-emissions technology, created to speed up the roll-out of electric cars. He then founded the Zero Emission Vehicle Foundation, a trade organisation working to eliminate car pollution and therefore help to address global warming.
In April 2009 Shrier met with Lord Mandelson to call on the government to take an active role in speeding up the roll-out of electric cars. Shrier was a leading advocate of an EV and low-emissions car stimulus incentive scheme, which the UK government later adopted as the £5k rebate. Shrier predicted the end of the internal combustion engine at a Williams Grand Prix Engineering sponsored event run by the Advanced Automotive Engineers.
Shrier serves on the board of Cochrane Associates. Shrier has made various media appearances talking about green technology and electric vehicles on Sky Television, BBC News, the Wall Street Journal’s MarketWatch, and The Financial Times.
- "Interview with Barry Shrier". Director Magazine. Archived from the original on 2010-09-21. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Barry Shrier - Founder of Liberty Electric Cars". Clean Tech Investor. Archived from the original on 30 January 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Ward, Mark (6 May 2002). "Shopping with your mobile phone". BBC. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "New Foundation Accelerates Growth In Zero Emission Driving". imakenews.com. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Wood, Tim (2009-03-22). "A British car icon faces up to reality". London: guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "AAE Conference speaker predicts the end of the internal combustion engine". autoindustry.co.uk. Archived from the original on June 6, 2014. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Cochrane Associates - People". Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "Electric Car Company To Create 250 Jobs". Sky News. Retrieved 2010-01-18.[permanent dead link]
- "Sky News - Jeff Randall interviews Barry Shrier". Retrieved 2011-07-21.
- "BBC iPM". BBC. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Electric car firm brings 250 jobs". BBC. 2009-02-27. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Green Machines". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Pioneering £30m electric 4x4 plan". Financial Times. Retrieved 2010-01-18.