|Member of the Pennsylvania Senate
from the 46th district
June 7, 1977 – November 30, 2010
|Preceded by||Austin Murphy|
|Succeeded by||Tim Solobay|
|Constituency||Parts of Greene, Fayette, Washington, Beaver, and Westmoreland Counties.|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 48th district
January 5, 1971 – November 16, 1976
|Preceded by||Austin J. Murphy|
|Succeeded by||David Sweet|
|Constituency||Parts of Washington County|
November 7, 1936|
East Finley Township, Pennsylvania
|Died||October 29, 2016
|Spouse(s)||Lenore A. Stout|
|Alma mater||Washington & Jefferson College|
J. Barry Stout (November 7, 1936 – October 29, 2016) was a Democratic politician and former member of the Pennsylvania State Senate who represented the 46th District from June 7, 1977—after winning a special election in May, 1977—through 2010. Previously he was a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives from 1970 through 1976.
On October 22, 2004 PennDOT dedicated the "J. Barry Stout Park and Ride" off the "Beau Street" exit of I-70 in South Strabane Township. Constructed by Greensburg-based Donegal Construction at a cost of $1.2 million, the lighted park and ride lot has 211 spaces and 7 handicapped-accessible spaces. Stout initially suggested the location of the park and ride lot after learning that PennDOT owned the land, which is ideally situated near I-70, I-79, and Route 19.
- Cox, Harold (2004). "Pennsylvania Senate - 1977-1978" (PDF). Wilkes University Election Statistics Project. Wilkes University.
- Cox, Harold. "Senate Members "S"". Wilkes University Election Statistics Project. Wilkes University.
- Cox, Harold. "House Members "S"". Wilkes University Election Statistics Project. Wilkes University.
- "J. Barry Stout Park & Ride" (PDF) (Press release). Washington & Jefferson College. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-12-13. Retrieved 07-02-2008. Check date values in:
- Warco, Katie (October 24, 2004). "Barry Stout Park-and-Ride dedicated in South Strabane". Observer Reporter. Retrieved 07-02-2008. Check date values in:
- Beveridge, Scott (May 14, 2009). "Former Pa. lieutenant governor Ernie Kline dies". Observer-Reporter. Archived from the original on 2009-12-11.
- Longtime State sen. J. Barry Stout dies at 79
- Project Vote Smart - Senator J. Barry Stout (PA) profile
- Follow the Money - J Barry Stout
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania State Senate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|