Barry and Sally Childs-Helton
Barry and Sally Childs-Helton are filk writers and singers. Both Barry and Sally have PhDs in folklore from Indiana University. (That said, their song Alphabet Soup shows their feelings on the value of their doctorate and PhD degrees.) They are based in Indiana. They are former members of The Black Book Band and current members of Wild Mercy. In 2003, they were inducted into the Filk Hall of Fame.
- Escape from Mundania
- Paradox 1989, Space Opera House
- Tempus Fugitives 2001, Dodeka Records (Rerelease of tracks from Escape from Mundania and Paradox)
- First Contact (with Black Book Band)
- 1988 Best Performer
- 1994 (w/ Black Book Band) Best Performer
- 1988 Best Writer/Composer
- 1990 Best Writer/Composer
- 1991 (Sally alone) Best Performer
- 1991 (Sally alone) Best Writer/Composer
- 1992 Best Genre Crossover Con Man Blues
- 1992 Best Genre Crossover Pearly Gate Blues (Jim & Tammy)
- 1993 Best Performer
- 1993 Best Writer/Composer
- 2000 Best End of the World Song Cosmic Drain
- "Barry Childs-Helton". Chronicle Vitae. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Childs-Helton, S. (1990). "The temporal framework of western art music event: The role of markers and cues". Retrieved October 30, 2018 – via ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global.
- "Barry & Sally Childs-Helton - 2003". Filk Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|